Nugget Shooter Forums

Stopped by Date Creek dig site yesterday. Hit one pocket that yielded many scepters, and DT Floaters. Hit another pocket for some small amethystine clusters....

Here are the better ones...enjoy !

datecreekquartz.jpg

Stopped by Date Creek dig site yesterday. Hit one pocket that yielded many scepters, and DT Floaters. Hit another pocket for some small amethystine clusters....

Here are the better ones...enjoy !

datecreekquartz.jpg

wow those are beautiful, where is date creek is it in arizona?

Those are pretty. I didn't know pockets like that existed. Learn something new every day! Sweet!

Paul

Hey , thanks guys !

It was a fun afternoon, but alot of really hard work. I`m feeling it today :olddude::D

Yes Weaver, those are the Date Creek Mountains I speak of .

:thumbsupanim Thankyou for the map- will have to check it out someday on the way out to "12mi. NNW of Rich HIll" .Beautiful quartz.

:brows: DO these crystal scepters of which you speak slay dragons and put damsels under your spell?

http://www.nuggetshooter.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=21839

Nice finds Adam! How do you pluck those from the mother rock? Chisel/pliers? Like pulling teeth?

Rim

Thanks everyone....I like people to see what other treasures Arizona hides as well as gold . :brows: I still prefer detecting though

Rim, most of the crystals are already loose/broken off from the host. Some of them grow as floaters (terminated on all sides) Some full clusters can be found , although I have yet to find a decent one. It is a terrific amount of work to obtain good crystals at this site. It requires large picks, sledge hammers, pry bars,shovels......well you get the idea

ADAM says

It is a terrific amount of work to obtain good crystals at this site. It requires large picks, sledge hammers, pry bars,shovels......well you get the idea

Hey Adam you forgot 1 thing thats helps tremendously, YOUTH !!!!!!!!!

Yer gonna be hearin that outta me alot with the hernea and other knee an joint problems I've acquired the past couple years.

I appreciate and understand the amount of effort you an yer buddys put into these postings.

And I love seeing the pics from the work you guys do.

About all I'm good for from here on in is detectin fer the time I have left. I haven't drywashed for awhile now.

Good Luck an Hapy Huntn bud.