Nugget Shooter Forums

Dads needing some prayer right now...

TomH

Hey Guys..

Went in with Dad today for a outpatient proceedure...He was either going to get a stent or medication to help with one of his arteries to his heart.

Once the Doc, got in there he discovered that he had 2 arteries 90% plugged, 1 at 80% plugged and two at 60% plugged.

After the shock wore off dad decided to go with a 5 way bypass. Hes scheduled for tomarow morning.

GOOD NEWS....his heart is in perfect shape. There is no damage to it.

He just needs some new plumbing.

Hes had no symptoms of anything being wrong so it took a while for it to sink in.

I would really appreciate you guys sending up a prayer for him and my family.

Thanks.

Tom H.

Tom, he will be great after that operation ... His diagnosis was exactly the same as mine was 12 years ago except that I had had multiple "silent" heart attacks that killed off about 10 percent of my heart... I had the operation and it all turned out great ... Who is his cardiologist? ... The early recovery is a bit painful, but if he follows the directions for breathing in the tube thingy and exercise and hugging that pillow they give him, it will go fast and he'll be waiting for you on top of the mountain not even breathing heavy ... Three months after my open heart surgery I climbed the back side of Rich Hill in 115 degree heat, 1.5 miles up and 1.5 miles down and didn't even have to catch a breath ... Our prayers are with him, as is our confidence that it's going to be better than he's felt for at least 15 years ... Cheers, Unc