Nugget Shooter Forums

I can't just dump a classfier without lookin through it!

While I was classifin all those rocks and gravel in my prospecting activities this summer, I just couldn't dump my 5 gal. bucket, # 4 mesh classifier without goin through everything in it. I haven't gone through my fossil books to try and identify all the different fossilized corals but some are pretty cool lookin, here's just a few of them I just had to keep.post-25539-0-94484500-1347332202_thumb.jpost-25539-0-15922400-1347332213_thumb.jpost-25539-0-54120900-1347332223_thumb.jpost-25539-0-96934400-1347332233_thumb.jpost-25539-0-79549100-1347332242_thumb.j

Damm Frank!! That's a pretty fine batch of fossilized corals, I'd be playing with them and a magnifying glass for hours. Thanks for showin em buddy.

Holy Kamoly ... I guess I've tossed away a bunch of valuable stuff ... Oh well be the way it is, movin' west! ... Cheers, Unc

Wow Frank!!! Great looking specimens. :thumbsupanim Bill was thinking the same thing I was. Ever find any petoskey stone where you're at?

Steve

Ya man, you can find them on the shores of all the great lakes, I got tiny ones the size of dimes and some the size of bowling balls and a bunch in b'tween.You just wont find any in or around the town of "Petoskey" itself, all the tourists over the last 100 yrs. have picked them all up, but if you go travel the gravel roads through the public lands around "Alpena", those roadsides are littered with em.

My Mom,RIP, spent quite a few years in michigan and I inherited her prized petosky stones she loved so much. I have made quite a few great finds by slowing down and looking at the classifier disguards and profited quite nicely-great pics,thanx as ya brought my moms mempry back this early am and thats good-John