Nugget Shooter Forums

Water flow down in the Sierra Nevada's

Steel Pan

I didn't have to read some report, I experianced it first hand.

My normal water flow on the claim is down by 2/3.

I've had to abandon operations and move to a new site.

A year ago I was still knee deep, today it was bone dry. :cry2:

Already plannin' for next year though. :cool:

And, since the water is gone for the most part, :hmmmmm: I think I'll get out

the Gold Bug and shoot the stream bed, just for grins. :brows:

The claims I have left have been in the family for 20-22 years, NEVER ever seen a low flow such as now. I could always run my 4" at least and now 1/4th of what I need to do the same?? Amazing drought as the state burns up. My bud almost lost his place in Junction City on labor day. The fire investigator said spontaneous combustion from some shiny object as easily found starting point and absolutely no footptints,evidence,or flammables found??? And still no rains,we set all time record for no rain in july/august and nuttn' yet now..holy cow hold on tight 'cause things are NOT all right-John

The fire investigator said spontaneous combustion from some shiny object as easily found starting point and absolutely no footptints,evidence,or flammables found??? -John

That's why I ALWAYS pick up any bottles or broken glass when I'm out and about. (...and bottles with any water in them are even worse)

Ya never know when conditions will be just right for that little piece of glass to catch the sun and start a fire.