Nugget Shooter Forums

Don't get hooked...

Rimshot

Just saying....I could be had if younger...

You might want to print out the part 1, 2, 3, and then some because it takes some time to read it all.

But I stayed hooked thru the 3 parts and I bet you do too......lol...especially oredigger...haha!

http://www.desertusa.com/mag02/june/ld1.html

post-26159-0-48200700-1346689768_thumb.g

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey Rim ,

The last thing i will ever go looking for is the dutchmans fortune. I am not convinced it ever existed , and if millions of people have looked and never found it i don't suppose i could either. I am convinced he was a theif and stole his gold from other miners... and never had a mine. Now i sure hope he did have a mine , and a prosperous one so that all those people who searched were not on a wild goose chase. I am currently on a trail of a Jesuit / Mayan gold horad that may not exist either... but since millions have not searched for it i will... and i have found the small peak it is supposedly on....Maybe i will get lucky...probably not. THANKS FOR THE AWESOME LINK THOUGH !!!!

The stones have nothing to do with the lost Dutchman mine. Most using them are looking for other things. I've examined the stones on display and they are copies. Close but not exact. Glenn and I went to the Dutch hunters gathering in the superstitions last year. Some strange folks looking for that mine. Some good guys also.

Strange does not even begin to describe some of those folks! Certainly some good people, too.

One guy, loony as a toon, came in from out of state and was certain of his knowledge of where it was. Several of us were setting up to go find him and the few with him when they cane trudging back to camp.

There was one guy who wound up sleeping in the Supes that night, and folks were rightly nervous as it was unseasonably hot.

A LOT of AZ history walking around The Dons camp that weekend. I learned a TON.

There are an aweful lot of " strange ones " out there when you talk about any of the treasure legends. The LDM , Peralta stones , seven cities of cibola , etc.... you can find tons of people who " know right where it is " ... but when you ask them why they haven't claimed any of the spoils they get really funny. One guy even swore on a bible that the aliens wouldn't let him have any of it until he helped them fix their spaceship.... Now one funny thing i did notice was that in all the time this forum has been up and running there has been no mention of the Lue treasure ... which is supposed to be worth much more than any of the other treasures. However i am convinced that the federal government now has possession of this one.

I know the guy that made that map and it's not the one in the story. A friend found a cave with a sealed back in a rough area back in those mountains. He has some other interesting locations. May pack my 2000 gpm in with the 25" coil to go over them for him

Frank,

Supposedly the original Peralta stones have been put away and no way to access them so this story says. But what attracted me to this story, were the years this Mr. X started this search (1994-2010). Mr. X died in 2010. Mr. X claims he found 5 of the major landmarks using the stones. The total landmarks numbered 13.

Note: there are 18 markers on the trail.

The markers on this trail should be about the same distance between each marker. Over the years, some of the markers have been removed or destoyed. Some markers may have been added to mislead prospectors.

And then like you said, the stones have nothing to do with the dutchman mine.

The link below is posted on page 3 of the link above. With mentionings of the stones being totally a hoax. But if they are a hoax, how did Mr. X find those 5 landmarks? Is Mr. X a hoax too?

http://www.desertusa.../per_stone.html

Well the whole story may be a hoax but one thing I do know, it's definitely very addictive reading to a dreamer like me.

Rim

The stones may not be a hoax at all... and it just may be that people are looking for the wrong thing totally...

for example ( and example only ). since we can't ask the map maker we can only speculate. what if it was a map to a constant water source. we could walk right by it and say " look a spring ".... now lets keep looking for the treasure. Just an example . but water would have been a live giving treasure in a harsh climate ...

Frank,

If you look on page 3 (http://www.desertusa.com/mag98/sep/stories/lost3.html) you will see the same map I posted. But I have no clue as to who drew it. I wonder if this is the same trail that Mr. X followed.

Also on page 3 it tells of how this story about Mr. X was bought at an estate sale in San Diego.

Also you will see how 2 of the stones were put together showing a rough image of a map.

A very puzzling story for sure.

Rim

At the end of the trail on that map was nothing. Many are looking for the cave full of gold bars. They do exist. A friends uncle held one in his hands from the LaFrance story. It's rough back in there. I can see the Superstitions from my house but have not entered them yet. Just skirted around the edge. You could spend the rest of your life looking back there. I saw the pictures of the last three lost and I'm in no hurry

Yeah, at the rendezvous was the guy who found the three CO guys who went in and died and he had his pics with him. Certainly want to be thinner, just not that thin.

Images that will certainly stick with me...

I've seen recently dead, even a decapitation (MVA in my yard as a teen). But those images are gnarly.

Frank it sounds like you are talking about the spanish treasures. And i'm talking about the lost dutchman mine. lol

No wonder those mountains were named superstitions...haha!!!

One dude writes those are off limits to prospecting.

Rim

And my wallet is off limits to my wife. It's empty

There are people living back there now in the mine. At least in there sun baked minds there in the spot. Get near them and off goes your head

lol Bill! So it is still off limits for prospecting Bill?

Have ya'll ever noticed how a good gold tale comes up and then the Government gets involved and makes it off limits to prospecting??? LMAO!!!

Darn thiefs!!!

Rim

It is a Wilderness Area, so yeah, its off limits to anything but feet and hooves.

There have only been one or two parties granted treasure licenses since the proclamation.

What was most odd to me is that no critters scattered those three.

Well I read that mercury vapor test were performed over the superstition years ago. Here's a good discussion on the subject.

http://www.desertusa...php?f=10&t=2418

If you scroll down you see the full geological survey 609

Oh and be sure to read page two in this discussion. Lot's of history there.

Rim

PS- Sorry but my CRS is bad today but I did see mentionings of permits given out for peeps to go in and treasure hunt. Not sure if that's still going on or not these days.

Barry Storm??? :hahaha: :hahaha: :hahaha: Same aliens that fixed his space ship fixed mine, but left the ash tray full so I couldn't use that craft any more! I was bummed but when life deals you a lemon you just have to make lemon jerky ! Just be careful where you poop after that ... Waltz told me! Cheers, Unc

Woweee! I never realized so many people were killed poking around the superstition. Prolly safer places to look...Gold does funny things to Men... :cry2:

http://www.prairieghosts.com/dutchman.html

Hope I don't disappear for bringing this age old subject up. :*&$*(:

Rim

Well Glenn, one thing about it from the looks of all that died, and the lawmen saying most were accident's, and heads 100's of yards from the bodies, and many being shot, something smells fishey here....lol You would think they would have called in the calvary or army to investigate. But I guess there just wasn't enough to go around at the time, looking for possible clues. Weird.. :cool:

Rim.