Nugget Shooter Forums

What do you do if...

you are nugget shooting in a deep gulley at the base of a mountain and you hear a loud pop noise and this happens?

http://geology.com/articles/yosemite-rockfall.shtml

Which way do you run? left, right, up, down?

Has anything like this ever happened to you?

Rim

I would run like hell...not from the falling rocks but from the forestry ranger trying to blame me for knocking them over!! That is just the kinda luck I have.

Well, you can definitly tell in his next to last picture he was hookin azzz....lol But then he repositioned his self back to where he was on the last pic.

I guess that's all you can do is to run to higher ground opposite the fall zone.

I'm surprized that none of you have been in a similiar situation.

Rim

:hide: RUN FORREST RUN!! The amazing slides we saw last year all along the road to yosemite were absolutely amazing in size. Been going there since the mid 50s and never saw so much destruction and winter 2010-2011 was a massive snowfall-still snowing last week of may-and 1,000s of waterfall all over the place. Mered river was righteously raging and killed many that year,or I should say dummies got killed as river ain't stupid. thanx much for video...amazing mess-John

Had a rock fall happen across from me while deer hunting one time. Had been watching some MT. goats across the canyon from the clearcut I was in. a little latter heard the popping start and it kept getting louder. and saw a slab of the Mt. start to tilt.(through Binoculars) this slab was the size of a football field atleast! the slab just kept popping and tilting away from the Mt. till it fell striaght away. The sound was deafning when it hit the canyon floor and echoed for a VERY long time. This was in a driange just North of the Ghost Town of Montie Cristo. Often wonder how many Gold or Silver viens are exposed by events like that!! Goats were about a 1/4 mile away and just looked and kept doing what thay were doing! I shot a 3pt blacktail an hour latter in that clearcut.LOL