Nugget Shooter Forums

GPAA POO?

Big Jeff

I was looking at the GPAA claims in the mining guide and it states that when on claims in the Greaterville area I need to carry a copy of Coronado National Forest POO (in addition to the mining guide, membership card and prospecting permit which I have. What is the POO and why don't I have one in my membership packet???

Got a call back from the Forest service Geologist today. He states that what is needed is a "Notice of Intent" That is placed on file and distributed to the ranger station in that area. Doesn't seem like a big deal to get they just want a map copy of claims and short description of hand tools that will be used. I'll give GPAA a call next week to see if one is already available club wide... But you MUST have a copy in your possession while digging in the National Forest!!!

Add on. Just noticed that in the front of the GPAA "Mining Guide" That it is each members responsibility to obtain this "Notice of Intent" and may take 30 days for approval.

Thats a bunch of POOOOOOOO boorb at least the roadrunners furnish a notice of intent when needed :head: Mike C... :ph34r2:

My thoughts exactly Mike. Tucson Desert Gold Diggers do also... Bunch of crap for what you pay for GPAA... Thinking seriously about Roadrunners as well.

Yup GPAA is for profit and they do not pretend otherwise so no big deal to me, I have been a member for many moons and boy have I got some nice gold on GPAA claims. Like you say they are a great place to start for greenhorns and I just sort of stuck with them so if I go out of state I have claims I can visit. They also have some pretty good claims in AZ as well that I spend time on every year.

It was just a couple years before the old Buzzard died that I first say the show while living in Apache Junction, AZ and I joined that weekend and also joined Roadrunners and boy did I get the fever. Long funny story right there :hahaha: :th:

I have never had to get any of my own paperwork and everything is in the mining guide to work any of the claims I think, I'll have to take a look as I just got the new one the other day.

Hey our old buddy Kevin Hoagland is now working with the GPAA as well....

Yup ... Kevin has been there for a couple months now since Minelab seemed to no longer need his experience and service ... too bad ... I think Minelab may have made a mistake there but of course only Minelab and Kevin no for sure ... No sense speculating on that ... Nuff said about that. Glad Kevin is still around and willing to offer his experience and advise to all who ask.

All 3 started the GPAA, but I'm sure it was the brainstorm of the Buzzard!!

I wish the Buzzard was still around, the GPAA would be at the front of the fight for our rights!!!

I think Buzzard's heart was in the right place. Really wanted to keep interest up and always seemed concerned about rights. He did have quite the magizine mouth and could cuss up a storm.

After his passing I think the kids became more interested in polishing the golden calf.

Yup the little ones were just little ones when I first joined and I got no beef with the business or Buzzard and no one forces anyone to join.

If ya don't like a restaurant ya do not eat there and ya don't like GPAA don't join simple as that. No reason to give them guff though and they have built a successful business over the years for sure and don't cheat or scam anyone that I know of. Not happy after the first year ya quit....

I may never have even tried gold prospecting if I hadn't seen that show, who knows?

Great reply Bill. They (GPAA) did nothing wrong... It's the Coronado Forest officials that seems to be making up their own law as they go... They have also refused to sign the DGD submitted POO/NOI as well...From what I gathered at the last meeting the Forest Rangers are actually going out of their way to harass club members... All in violation of Federal Law... So it IS NOT just GPAA... And I am happy for the opportunity to be a member of both clubs.

Bill,

That's what got me hooked too...those were the only shows on cheap cable tv when i was in Tyler. The 2 sons, 1 nome and the other where ever. I enjoyed watching it for sure.

When are you gona do a show Bill? chingching!!! I think you could do it bro! Plus, I think you already have a whole cast of players here to help in anyway they could you know.

I know i'd darn sure watch it and so would a million others too.

Get Bucket to do all the recordings too.

He'll put some pazazz into it. hehe!

Rim

Bill,

That's what got me hooked too...those were the only shows on cheap cable tv when i was in Tyler. The 2 sons, 1 nome and the other where ever. I enjoyed watching it for sure.

When are you gona do a show Bill? chingching!!! I think you could do it bro! Plus, I think you already have a whole cast of players here to help in anyway they could you know.

I know i'd darn sure watch it and so would a million others too.

Get Bucket to do all the recordings too.

He'll put some pazazz into it. hehe!

Rim

I have been approached a couple times Rim believe it or not and one wanted me to "salt" for the show. Just can't bring myself to do it and prospecting is what it is... Yup I saw the opportunity there, but figured keeping my self and reputation untarnished by Hollywood shenanigans....

Thing is when filming it is expensive to have a crew and all out there and they want to get it all done in a few hours work often leaving out important stuff...um....like how hard it really is. I do know many of the "Reality" shows do this sort of thing and I would guess the filmers for Gold Fever have salted a time or two to get a show done.

Heck I get the jitters just doing a talk for the local clubs sometimes....

I don't blame ya bud. I wouldn't do it on those terms either. The nerve of them peeps. They want ACTION when maybe there ain't no Action...haha!

Oh well, it's just a thought. But I would watch the show regardless, because I know who you are, you know.

I wonder if those fisherman shows work like that too????

Rim