Nugget Shooter Forums

Triassic Amber in Arizona.

A while back i posted during a thread about my Amber found in Arizona. Some felt as if there was no amber in AZ.only copal. Now the gears are really turning as this article mentions the triassic deposits in arizona makes me wonder what sort of small creatures we might find in our specimens...and just how old they may be. Sure does ad fuel to the fire...always something to get the curiosity up...

http://news.yahoo.com/230-million-old-mite-found-amber-202952975.html

Don't ya just love it when folks tell ya no-not never-and you keep on a diggn' and find out it's indeed what ya first thought it is. Same same with nephrite jade,rhodium and some diamonds in kalif...Like amber much as trapped critters do look cool and even have a beautiful opal with a gnat or something in it all cut and polished--GREAT post as never say never-John

hey Homey ,

is that why you are always sctratching your nads.....

Hey John ,

When homefire brought it up last time about the petrified forests it made sense. Then i checked mindat and they didnt list AZ as a location but i already had confirmation on my amber so just fugured it was cool. Now i want to look for more until i find a vritter of some kind in a sample... that will be so cool. Most of my amder was found near Prescott ... a long way from the petrified national forest so guess it is all over. later tater.

hey Homey ,

is that why you are always sctratching your nads.....

:hahaha: :hahaha: The critters tend to move in to areas that don't get used much. :inocent: