Nugget Shooter Forums

Dorado off San Diego

Beautiful catch, Joe ... Dodacious and I got into a bunch of them at Cabo on our honeymoon ... Awesome fun and amazingly delicious eating!!! ...WTG ... Cheers, Unc

Nice catch, you caught a big bull, me and my dad go down baja to Mulege and catch them all the time, awesome fight, and tasty !!! Congrats.

Dave

Joe years ago in another life time I used to fly folks from Okla. to Key West to enjoy that kind of fishing....

Many times we would bring back several ice chest full of dodo filets.....great fun to catch and even

better eating....

Dude , Thats a nice dodo .....Mexican waters or north a bit? Was checking bloodydecks , and there seems to be some good fishin lately. had plans of going mid Sept...Hope they hold out..

US waters, things are so messed up in Mexico (as usual) that I'm not comfortable fishing down there. Passed new laws and can't get a straight answer on what they require. I am so done with Mexico.

I normally go on an offshore fishing tip every year (missed this year... no money) to MX waters off of San Diego.

Very good fishing and catching the squid on the way out is AWESOME. The water turns silver/white with the schools of them.

Hope you had some very fresh Sashimi right then and there....MMMMMMMMMMM!

We do that with the tuna and yellow tail, never had raw dorado. I believe Ernest Hemingway in the Old Man and the Sea mentioned that Dorado raw wasn't fit to eat. I haven't seen it in a sushi restaraunt either I don't think. He sure sizzeled when he hit the grill though and it was excellent.

I normally go on an offshore fishing tip every year (missed this year... no money) to MX waters off of San Diego.

Very good fishing and catching the squid on the way out is AWESOME. The water turns silver/white with the schools of them.

This time of the year can sure be a lot of fun. I have had some great trips for tuna, yellow tail and dorado. I stuck a marlin under a paddy couple of years ago. 20Lb test and no shock tippet resuleted in a lost fish, but it was cool.

Joe years ago in another life time I used to fly folks from Okla. to Key West to enjoy that kind of fishing....

Many times we would bring back several ice chest full of dodo filets.....great fun to catch and even

better eating....

Sounds like you were living the american dream, things have sure changed here.