Nugget Shooter Forums

• Like 1

Backing up a few weeks, Tedeschi reminds me a bit of a bluesy Suzi Quatro, but with talent.

1 minute ago, Saul R W said:

Backing up a few weeks, Tedeschi reminds me a bit of a bluesy Suzi Quatro, but with talent.

She is just awesome. There are a whole bunch of great female musicians these days and she is one of my absolute favorites. She is a female SRV as far as I am concerned. As far as blues rock guitar music she and her band is as good as it gets.

One of my faves. My son tries to play it and I try to sing it. We have a lot of fun with it. 

• Like 2

I went to an impromptu concert/jam session in a little cafe in Jerusalem last month.  Except for me and the musicians, the place was packed with 20-somethings.  The main attraction was a bluesy-folksy-rocky-folk musician who goes by the stage name Lazer Lloyd (his real name is Lazer Blumen).  If my internet connection wasn't throwing fits tonight, I'd post a couple of his YouTube videos here.  He's pretty darned good on the guitar.

• Like 1

Ok, I've got a bit of a treat for y'all, someone I doubt anyone's posted: Jack Pearson..

Jack Pearson, you say? Sounds familiar, but I really can't place him...

Well, the only really "name act" even I can come up with is the ABB, whom he played with full time in the late '90s and subbed in both pre-'97 and post-'99.. Yet like other great players he's so much more than that alone..

Here's two fairly current bits from him: Him alone at the Songbirds Foundation Museum noodling on a "Flying A" drop-tuned standard tuning three semi-tones to C# and another of Tommy Emmanuel & him doing two tunes, both of which (vids, that is -- especially the second) will make one ponder why one ever thought one could play guitar to begin with.. Enjoy: 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYzgH4pcAKA&t=0s&index=21&list=PLrpvxw1TrN8TafU5HNMQ-sKEOScI10vv8
-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIf1VEUk7ZY
Swamp

• Like 1