Nugget Shooter Forums

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

grim1

gold in utah.. its here

Wow!!! Thanks so much for the offer.. I'm just getting started on the bow hunt and it will take up most of my time for the next month, but after that it would be a pleasure to go prospecting with you.. If there is a different or better place that you want to look at then I'm down for whatever you think is best. I ran up American Fork last weekend with my brother-in-law because he wanted to check out all the fun.. Ofcourse now he is hooked to the point that he went up every other day last week and wants to go this weekend instead of deer hunt. Amazing!!! He only found a few specs all 3 times he went by himself, because he is in a hurry to just fill buckets and run it through the sluice rather then taking the time to find the gold by panning or sampling to find the gold flow, then bring out the sluice... Well good luck, and thanks again for the offer.. If you want you can E-mail me at advantagemichael1030@gmail.com and I can give you all my contact info and we can have a chat for future plans.. Thx again, Michael and Taylor

Hi Michael & Taylor,

I sent you all a message via the e-mail address you posted here. Thanks.

Rex B.

Hi all! Another newbie here. Found this forum searching for info about AF canyon. I've been up there 4 times in the past couple weeks honing my new panning skills. I started above Mary Ellen's gulch up in mineral basin and got nothing, but I chalk that up mostly to being green. Since then I've panned at spots all along Mary Ellen's gulch, where it meets AF creek, and farther down AF creek below the switchback, and in my experience they have all produced about the same. Good spots showed maybe a dozen specks, poor spots maybe one or two. It would take a lifetime to pan an ounce that way, but it is fun to see it. My 8 year old boy didn't believe it was possible to find gold until I showed it to him under the microscope and now he's a believer. Man does it shine!

I took a trip out to Amasa valley and miller canyon last month just to scope it out. There wasn't a drop of water in miller canyon that I saw, but there were a few small springs farther up in Amasa valley. I'd like to go back there and pan a few spots for fun. Anyone have any suggestions for good places to try there?

I have one just did not take it just went exploring had someone tell me sanaquin had some gold so I jut took the pan I have quite abit of equiment but just was going to be a quick trip ...lol ya left at 4 am back. Late . Good thing my wife is a good sport. Ps.. did not find the glory hole in saniquin .... anyone ever try there?

I just watched a youtube video of a guy panning in Santaquin canyon & he had a nice BB size piece & some flour. He took the rest home to pan later & was going to show what he got in another video however I haven't found it. I'm brand NEW to this & would love to know where in Santaquin bc I live in Utah county. Also a camp host tells me that some guys keep going up a stream in a campground in Hobblecreek. I've tried 3 times, bc it's 5 min from my house, to no avail. This last time the host told me they're gone for 5-6 hours so I'm thinking I didn't go near far enough up the river. Might try again higher up one day simply bc it's literally 5 min from my house & I've heard there used to some mining up that canyon. Anyone know of this place?

Thanks & anyone willing to let a newbie tag along I'd be thrilled!!! JG

You know I have never been on a forum that was so openly willing to share or give advice its nice thanks again to all

I think this is the best prospecting related forum out there. Very nice people willing to offer advice and encouragement. :)