Nugget Shooter Forums

Happy Birthday Digger Bob

May you find 61 nuggets on your next outing

Thanks all. Unfortunately, my health this summer took a little left turn, hence my lack of finds or posting on all the forums. Way back on the 4th of July, I was loading my quad onto my trailer, getting ready to leave for a 4 day detecting trip.

I'm still not sure what happened, but in the blink of an eye, those front tires came up off the ramps, and the whole quad flipped right over and came down on top of me. Fortunately, this was in my own driveway (gravel) and not WAY up in the mountains or desert somewhere. And I was not alone. Anyway, 2 fractures to the pelvis, 2 or 3 broken ribs, a deep puncture wound to the leg (which later got infected),and a night in the hospital pretty much decided my summers detecting trips.

Here we are approaching the first of Sept and I'm just now to the point where I can detect again, but not climb hills or rock piles. Hoping to get out to Nevada in Oct but that may be all I can manage this year. Ah well, there's always next year.

Cheers and thanks to all!

Digger Bob

Geez Bob, glad your still with us, My health has done trhe same thing, Massive heart attack in May, 5XD'S bypass, nerve in my left leg gone because the cut it taking the Bypass arttery. It happens. But I'll heal. Grubstake

Dang I hate what that happens. My last atv gave me broken ribs on two occasions. Neither one going more than 2-3 mph. Once, way out in the woods and I was pinned under it for 45 minutes trying to get out. What a nightmare....no more of them for me, I bought a used RZR, much wider, very stable & has a roll cage.