Nugget Shooter Forums

Whites Goldmaster 2 advice

I am a newby to prospecting and just purchased my 1st metal detector specifically for gold prospecting. I am on a very limited budget and I wanted to find out where I would get the most bang for my bucks. After a lot of research and bargain hunting I got a good deal on a Whites Goldmaster 2. The manual that the detector comes with is pretty generic at about 19 pages. I was hoping to get any and all advice from those of you who have used this metal detector for prospecting as well as advice on how I might best familiarize myself with this particular products subtleties.

Practice will teach you what you need to know, as will going out with experienced detectorists...The fine points of any detector can not be read, only experienced...

I would suggest you start with the sensitivity set to the midrange...and then move up from there.

good luck

fred

The best book ever written for the earlier Goldmasters was "Zip Zip" by Larry Sallee. If you can find one online, you can't go wrong with that.

Digger Bob

Bob is right about Larry Sallee's "Zip Zip" book ... Those sweet little Goldmaster 2's are among my favorite detectors ... The first one I got many years ago produced a butt load of nuggets ... In fact, my first swing with my first GM2 produced a very nice DWT nugget out at the Vulture-Red Basin placers ... That find sort of started a riot because I was at a Roadrunner Club outing and foolishly announced my find!!! ... I was darn near stampeded over and elbowed out of the gully ... :rolleyes: ... I have owned several of them -- In fact your post kinda gets me itchy to get me another one! ... Cheers, Unc

Bob is right about Larry Sallee's "Zip Zip" book ... Those sweet little Goldmaster 2's are among my favorite detectors ... The first one I got many years ago produced a butt load of nuggets ... In fact, my first swing with my first GM2 produced a very nice DWT nugget out at the Vulture-Red Basin placers ... That find sort of started a riot because I was at a Roadrunner Club outing and foolishly announced my find!!! ... I was darn near stampeded over and elbowed out of the gully ... :rolleyes: ... I have owned several of them -- In fact your post kinda gets me itchy to get me another one! ... Cheers, Unc

HaHa Ron.

I could just see ya...."HEYYYYYY...I GOT A NUGGET!!!!" LMAO!!!!!!!! Too funny!!!!!

Rim

Hey Ron,

After thinking about my reply to you in my last post Maybe this can be beneficial. Next time you go out with a group like that make sure you carry with you a small nugget just in case you get a bad spot to hunt.

Now...go ahead and hollar "I GOT A NUGGET!!!!" When they all come running to see it, tell em you're going to get a drink of water. Then go pick out whatever place you want... :brows:

Rim