Nugget Shooter Forums

I haven't Laughed this Hard in Years!

Yup! Garret sure picked a 'good' spokesperson to represent them and speak for their products! Geez I could have done as well and I have never used a Garret product in my life! LOL

Mike F

• Like 1

Thats it.....my minelab is going in the garbage can and im gonna get me

one of them there garetts metal things...

Wow! Guess the bottom line or dollar should I say really showed through on that video.

TomH.

I have a Garrett AT Pro, its an awesome VLF detector for coins, jewelry, and relics, not much better on anything else.

Dave

Garrett indeed makes some good detectors and their old Gold Groundhog then the Stinger or was it the Scorpion? Can't remember the name, but allot of gold was found with them when they were one of the few detectors designed for nugget shooting... Darn things were noisy early on, but did the trick.

They have been around too long to not deserve some credit in the mining business... http://www.garrett.com/mediasite/history.aspx

I have an old Garret Groundhog that's missing a battery cover plate and is mounted on a PVC pipe frame ... I still found some cool relics with it back in the late '70s ... Old locks, old compass, etc .. No gold . cheers, Unc

I dont see whats so funny about this video.

Todd Hoffman endorsing ANYTHING gold mining related makes me giggle like a grade school girl Adam.. :hahaha: What's next, waterproof underwear? :brows:

I didn't know I should look for bedrock up on the banks. I always looked in the bottom of the creek.

my thought too....... Bad pick for a company spokesman, I think he would be a better spokesman for Baskin Robbins

• Like 1

Um, uh, ah, um, um, um... someone get him a script and membership in Toast Masters!

Wow. I know his heart means well, but, uh um, that's uh, painful to watch

• Like 1
  • 6 years later...

Man, Garrett must have paid him some bucks.  While he is not even on Gold Rush anymore. He *is* still the face of Gold Rush.

Todd moves thousands of yards of dirt every day!

Really don't care for any of the Gold Rush characters.  They cuss and spit, act like bad asses, throw tissy fits like 4 year old girls. On one of the two or three episodes I saw, Todd was going to kick everybodys ass, but he fell down and couldn't get back up lol.  I do enjoy Bering Sea Gold but have to fast forward thru all the bravado. Don't need the drama just show me the gold!!!

• well done 1

He should have ended his commercial with.

"Pay no mind to the opinions that I am probably the least knowledgeable and least productive miner to ever be featured on  a popular gold show.  Not to mention the fact I lost a bet of 100 ounces of gold to a young kid named Parker, because I couldn't "out-mine" him.  My credibility regarding gold mining ranks somewhere along the same level as Elizabeth Warren's credibility that she is a Native America."

Doc

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • well done 1

Follow me guys we shall advance to the rear.

Pie R Square No pie round cornbread square 

I started prospecting back in 61 and I’m still stupid in so many ways.

I can still enjoy the trip life has given me .Thank God!

Chuck 

PS Being I live in a glass house I won’t throw rocks!

• Like 3

When shooting ducks in a barrel, any shotgun will do..
Painful to watch & listen to? Indeed! 
Ya stand a better chance of finding sheetrock on a hillside than bedrock,
but then again I've seen some folds ya wouldn't believe..!

Swamp

• Like 1

When Gold Rush started in the middle of the recession/depression of the 2007 housing crash. The idea of a show of a crew of neighborhood friends heading to Alaska in an attempt to mine enough gold to make a living and support their families. It was the same ideal of 1920 depression era mining. A show filled with the ideals any miner would have throughout history. Over time through Hollywood fortune and fame, drama and cinema dismantled what was good for the sake of what was show worthy bigger, more gold, more drama. 

Personally have a DVR made it barrable because when you would see Todd you just fast forward until you passed the drama. Anyway, the show is so far off the track I haven't watched in years but I still like the idea of the small scale miner making ends meet. 

Would him endorsing Garrett make it successful time will tell?

• Like 1