Nugget Shooter Forums

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

elder-miner

If they could talk. The stories they would tell.

Hell that's better then I live in now! LOL

Nice pictures EM. Do you remember what state (s) those were taken in?

Rim

1st batch were in Ca.

2nd batch in Idaho.

If spent some time looking them up, I have the State, mining district & GPS position of all of them in my records

I have ones from Alaska, Washington, Nevada, Oregon , Ca, Idaho, Montana, Colorado, Aizona, etc.

I have scoured a LOT of old isolated mining districts looking for paydirt..

Well this sounds more like work then a hobby...hehe!

Rim

When your doing for yourself, it's not work.

More like a paid vacation.

Because it has paid off for me.

Retired from working for the other guy @ 51 & that was a LONG TIME AGO.

Those are GREAT! You should put those together into a book.

Man I love the photos of the old buildings, thanks man! Good stuff!

E-M ... Great pictures of times gone by ... the history those pictures could provide as you say if they could talk would be priceless. Thanks for sharing.

Mike F

In dayz of old when miners were bold and had no air conditioning,refrigerators,electricity,local grocery store,running water,flushing toilet,insulation,and nuttn' but brawn and testiculiar fortitude a great nation was wrought from the lands and now......RIP ol' sods as we all still live on your foundation of a created nation...respect-great pics and NEVER tire of them---John

I agree with Hoser John.....great photos and I never tire of seeing that stuff. Thanks for posting them Elder Miner! I have a friend here in WA who has a website/blog with photos and a bit of history about many of the old historic mines and mining towns of WA State: Ghost Towns of Washington

CleElumWAMiningDistrict006.jpg

CleElumWAMiningDistrict017.jpg

CleElumWAMiningDistrict019.jpg

CleElumWAMiningDistrict021.jpg

WOW thanx much SLN as great post too-John

SLNugget, thanks for that link. Have visited a few of the sites listed. Only mine I have been in is the Black Chief by Red Bridge in Snohomish Co. on the Mt. Loop. I can't do holes in the ground! Often wonder whats in them though, just can't make myself go in.LOL Take the Grandkids exploreing alot around Wa.

Awesome photos EM and you too SLNugget, and thanx fer sharing some of yer knowledge EM, yer wisdom is priceless! :thumbsupanim

SLNugget, thanks for that link. Have visited a few of the sites listed. Only mine I have been in is the Black Chief by Red Bridge in Snohomish Co. on the Mt. Loop. I can't do holes in the ground! Often wonder whats in them though, just can't make myself go in.LOL Take the Grandkids exploreing alot around Wa.

wa-au-nut, Tim has just posted some more photos on his GTW site from his latest trip to Okanogan County gold country.

I know what you mean about going inside any of the old mines. Probably not a good idea and I do worry about Tim doing it as often as he does. I just love the history and mystique that surrounds the old mine sites. Lots of fun to visit and photograph. Glad you take your grandkids exploring.

Stan

Love the new photos EM. Thanks