Nugget Shooter Forums

Is this a joke?? Are you fricken kidding me?

Haderly ... Ya that's what i thought when I read the article. That would be easily about 15x more value than a gram of gold! Just think of the meteorite rush that would start!!!

Mike F

Dang! I should send in my Meteorite sent down by the Borg in a Obvious attempt to locate the Gold Diggings I've found over the years.

Disguised as a Mini Monolith, one would never notice it laying in the rocks.

Yep found it on my own property I did.

Sneaky Devils!

cube1.jpg

A prospector who has never seen jasper before?? :rolleyes:

Steve

Is there such a thing as a jasperite? :idea:

Dang! I should send in my Meteorite sent down by the Borg in a Obvious attempt to locate the Gold Diggings I've found over the years.

Disguised as a Mini Monolith, one would never notice it laying in the rocks.

Yep found it on my own property I did.

Sneaky Devils!

cube1.jpg

Home,

That's shaped just exactly like my (what I call) bisquit rock, same size too, except yours looks gray and mines brown. Does yours glitter in direct sun light? Mine does. Interesting.

Rim

I Got One!! So last night I saw a bright flash and loud bang coming from the backyard. Today , I went to the back yard and found this rock sitting all by itself. Well, this rock has been there for 3 years but I am convinced it was the reason for the bright light ! It must be a meteor..

DSC05093.jpg

This story does bring up an interesting question. Are there any documented sightings of meteorites crashing into the earth near streams or lakes? Would be neat to see the difference in appearance between a meteorite that cooled slowly vs. one that cooled fast.

Or, are they already cooled down before striking earth?

Rim

They come from the depths of space where it is absolute zero; they are already "cooled down". Their brief (a few seconds) pass through the atmosphere only heats up the very exterior, and that, too, typically cools before they make it to the ground.

• 5 weeks later...

Musta been a slow news day. You would have thunk the reporter would have known right away that this guy was nothing but B.S. It seems every claim he made was a fantasy. You dont just throw out that much B.S. while you are holding a common hunk of agate and expect people to believe it unless'n you are about a half bubble off. The reporter was mighty gullible or willing to present BS hoping it would excite someone who didn't know any better. I suspect the latter.

They alluded to some sort of "value" that this thing might have with nothing but the opinion of some wack-job that claims to be a miner but can't recognize the earth's most common mineral class. The only thing I believe in his story is that he stalled his rock saw three times trying to cut it.

It seems that more and more the media is interviewing crackpots and presenting it as news. It is sort of "Enquirerish" reporting don't you think?