Nugget Shooter Forums

I'm surprized....

Rimshot

that some of you guys haven't come up with a way to throw up a portable, floorless, air-conditioned enclosure of some kind to beat the heat while prospecting. Something light weight, with easy to change dimensions, so you can move it like 10 feet at a time, with transparent sides for light. But I guess the terrain is too difficult to have such an idea huh? You know like the ice fishermen do on the great lakes and other places to keep warm. But in your cases to keep cool... :yikes:

Rim

Terry,

That only last 4 hours, then what? They sure are proud of them. I could just about buy the tarps/poles/and 5000 btu ac for that...lol!

Someone mentioned the other day that their nights were 100 degrees. I'm not sure if I could afford the ac bill if I lived there.

AC's must be buzzing 24/7. I'd definitely have to have a cool shack so I could continue looking for gold.

Rim

that some of you guys haven't come up with a way to throw up a portable, floorless, air-conditioned enclosure of some kind to beat the heat while prospecting. Something light weight, with easy to change dimensions, so you can move it like 10 feet at a time, with transparent sides for light. But I guess the terrain is too difficult to have such an idea huh? You know like the ice fishermen do on the great lakes and other places to keep warm. But in your cases to keep cool... :yikes:

Rim

Would fill with dust drywashing in the desert I would think....

Terry,

That only last 4 hours, then what? They sure are proud of them. I could just about buy the tarps/poles/and 5000 btu ac for that...lol!

Someone mentioned the other day that their nights were 100 degrees. I'm not sure if I could afford the ac bill if I lived there.

AC's must be buzzing 24/7. I'd definitely have to have a cool shack so I could continue looking for gold.

Rim

We have no AC just Evap cooler and costs about 40 bucks a month.... Ac runs 400 a month and up on a large home, no way am I gonna pay that.

Yep, best thing I've found was 10 by 10 folding shade tree. Open sides.

Dress in Light Cotton clothing and Pray for a light wind.

You can always damp your shirt and it cools good.

We use to use water fan coolers way back in the 50's here in east texas and i'm not sure why they went away. That water fan was fine with me. Then everyone switched to attic fans which was ok if you were in a low crime area. Then here come the electricity eating ac unit. I'm really surprized water coolers haven't made a come back here in east texas. The good ole days. I had some of the best naps under that old water cooler.

That sounds like a dandy combo Grub.

Bill, I was thinking more for the nugget shooter but would have to leave off the metal poles I guess. Oh well, prolly too much trouble having to move it around often. But if you were on a good patch might not be a bad idea.

Rim

If warranted, I could see doing something. But my name ain't Russ :)

The water cooler is the swamp cooler, aka evaporative cooler.

Problem is they don't work very well, if at all in humidity about 25-30%, which is what we have right now with these storms trying to come in

I'm on an equlaizer plan with the power company. to cool my roughly 2000sq ft home with gas hot water and heat is ~$240/mo all year.