Nugget Shooter Forums

Anybody catching the metorite show--Persides, I think?

We've got a bit of cloudy and lightening over Wickenburg tonight, but I've read that this is supposed to be one of the better displays of this particular shower...I haven't been able to see anything but lots of lightening ... Cheers, Unc

Ron,

I watched some just before dawn with clear skys and seen nuttin. I think they said between midnight and dawn last night on the news. The moon was bright and the star above it was super bright also.

Rim

AllSky cameras catching a bunch of them. Posted a few pics and videos on my FaceBook page.

Jim

This is a stack of three pictures from Last night from the NMSU Sentinel AllSky Camera I host!

j20120817_072046_724-j20120817_113425_293.jpg

Saw a large beautiful fireball Friday night (8/10/2012) in the western sky around 10:30 pm, mountain time. It was low in the sky with a rounded head and a very long tail; classic shape. It was green in color. It traversed south to north. It was very clear and I saw it breaking up just before it was obscured by a nearby tree covered hill. I know it was farther off than it appeared and lasted about 2-4 seconds.