Nugget Shooter Forums

Hunting the Bradshaws

BLG

Hi all, I have been prospecting for a while now but just recently purchased my fist detector, Whites TDI Pro. This machine works well, I have found many treasures with it but no gold. I sure would like some help or advice on some places to go to. I'm not asking anybody to give up info on their patch just asking to be pointed in the right direction. I am a GPAA member and have went to some of the club claims close by. I have also been hunting a suposed old patch that was hot in 80's, that's what I'm being told anyways. I would even be willing to pay somebody to take me out and give me. A hand. Thanks for the help.

Laters, have a great day!

BLG

A good place to start is your GPAA Claim Guide. Try the claims in Black Canyon or the San Domingo. Do they have any claims on the alluvial fan coming off the Rich Hill ? I think they have claims up near prescott too....how about those? Quartzsite maybe? any over there? ...........

Adam thanks for the info. I'm in the prescott area and have worked the soldier boy and JJ. I have found good gold on both running my highbanker. Both of these claims are riddled with trash and been worked pretty hard. I know there is still some open areas around that have not been claimed, I just gotta get out and find them. I do not know anything about the west slope of the bradshaws but keep hearing that there is some good nuggets over there. I will check into the info you gave me. Thanks again buddy!

Good luck! BLG

The Lucky Linda claim in the mining guide is no longer available. so no GPAA claims in the near alluvial of Rich Hill.

The Little San Domingo area (off Hwy 74 / Carefree Hwy) has produced detectable nuggets. Unfortunately Adam, Bill, and those like them are making LSD into a barren area :)

There are a few claims in Quartzsite, too.

Know this... if an area has gold, it will also have trash from the old timers, and likely lead from more recent litterers.

Near Rich Hill there are still about a half dozen GPAA claims that have produced some amazing gold, up to 10 ozt. ... They are wsw of the Lucky Linda ... Cheers, Unc

• 1 month later...

Near Rich Hill there are still about a half dozen GPAA claims that have produced some amazing gold, up to 10 ozt. ... They are wsw of the Lucky Linda ... Cheers, Unc

Because I never go through the Stanton area to get to them, I just never really associated them with RH. More so with Wickenberg (I can never recall how that's spelled). Congress Group is just such a location. It's a lot closer to access from W than Congress.

But, some folks say Rich Hill is associated w/ the W... which I never did.

Can confuse the crap out of a new guy as it did me back in the day. :)

There are two new GPAA claims just out of Wickenburg is a very promising looking area. Just up Constellation Rd out of the W

I have worked those two claim areas as recently as yesterday on the most southern group ... A little sign of old workings and, yesterday, I found a dump of old core drillings ... I think it is more a copper deposit ... I did find some drywashing tailer and header piles with nothing in them ... There's one gulch that looked promising but the old timers dumped their trash at the top of the gulch and for 1,000' it's solid rusty bits ... They bladed one hillside and did the core drilling but never did any production work ... I think the whole area is a bust from a beeping standpoint ... And it is very hard to get into ... Definitely 4-wheel drive ONLY! About 2 miles of axel deep sand then the hillside roads are completely washed out in some areas ... Cheers, Unc

I am also in the Prescott area and I'm sure you guys have seen me post looking for people to prospect with. I guess it's tough to match schedules and crap sometimes.

Fergus:

Try and come to some of the outings that are coming up this time of the year.

Its a great way to meet people and get schooled.

I think Bill does one also at Rich Hill.

Tom H.