Nugget Shooter Forums

Morning Hunt 8/11

Don't play vollyball barefoot in this park!! This was what I detected in 1/2 of 1 vollyball court. The Garmin Pro-Pointer I bought from Bill really helps root around for this stuff! Sure reduces time. This was a 1.5 hour search. So humid I could not see as the sweat was just pooring in my eyes!

DSCN0754.jpg

Bill it is going to be very hot down your way today anyway ... a day with the family is good too! Tomorrow is your day ... at least earrly in the day! You have my permission to go out tomorrow! :rolleyes::inocent: Mike F

My finds are actually somewhat interesting in that I have seen guys in this park with detectors...maybe 5 times this year. So it begs the question as to why this stuff is still there! Are they using wiz bang smart detectors and not digging trash or what??? Anyways, that is the second ring in the second short hunt in the same park! Both fake, but it's refreshing to find them. Nothing was deeper than 4" and just using a GBII, gain of 2 (today), 10" coil. So if it beeped, I found it!

These are good pictures to show the town if they ever complain about detectorist. I am sure if someone stepped on one of those nails or pins, it would ruin their day, week, month!

My finds are actually somewhat interesting in that I have seen guys in this park with detectors...maybe 5 times this year. So it begs the question as to why this stuff is still there! Are they using wiz bang smart detectors and not digging trash or what??? Anyways, that is the second ring in the second short hunt in the same park! Both fake, but it's refreshing to find them. Nothing was deeper than 4" and just using a GBII, gain of 2 (today), 10" coil. So if it beeped, I found it!

These are good pictures to show the town if they ever complain about detectorist. I am sure if someone stepped on one of those nails or pins, it would ruin their day, week, month!

I do not dig most of that stuff Jim, my coin relic detector tells me it is trash.

Yes, Jim they are cherry-picking the parks, etc. However, you will find fine gold that those guys leave behind (sooner or later)...but, you gonna earn it!

If I were using a GB2 I would mark out a small area and didg every signal...take a break and wander/swing and then pick another area and repeat...continue until you are worn out and/or rich...

The areas under the equipment and close to the metal is often ignored...sand and chip filled areas, with careful searching, have been good to me...as with nugget hunting-low and slow is best

fred