Nugget Shooter Forums

Franconia Anniversary Meteorite Hunt

Here is a link to some of the pics I took from Thursday Morning until about noon on Sunday. I have captions but look for Mike, Vinnie and Michelle way up north on the Sunday photos!

http://www.flickr.co...157631727497607

Mitchell

Thanks for the photos and that wonderful pick. I look forward to seeing you at the next event.

Richard

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

KUDOS for another outing well done, sure wish I could have made it :barnie:

Bill

Sorry you couldn't make it out to the event,but fully understand.

I hope to meet-up with you in the near future.

Richard

Sorry I missed this outing, I saw some talk about a gold basin meeting, please let me know when so I can try to make it.

I think Twink said 2015, for the 20th anniversary, so plenty of time to make plans.

Here is a link to some of the pics I took from Thursday Morning until about noon on Sunday. I have captions but look for Mike, Vinnie and Michelle way up north on the Sunday photos!

Great pictures, Mitchel, and I found the shot of the 3 of us! Thanks.

Mike, we can't thank you enough for an awesome day Sunday! Everything Richard said about you is true.

And I can't thank you enough for finding something, that really made my trip! Stay safe, keep those helos flying, and we'll see you when you get back.

It was so nice to see so many of you again and meet others. Richard, thank you for the honorary 3rd place for the Saturday hunt and for the beautiful hat. Thank you to all who posted the photos, I am enjoying the hunt all over again. It is wonderful that more folks found their first meteorite. I remember the feeling in Gold Basin with the assistance of John Blennert and Jim Kriegh in early 1996 when I was invited to help them map the field for the University of Arizona. As John Blennert always says, “It’s the thrill of the hunt!” Then he says “we’re burning daylight!” I bought a hat for John and will give it to him in a few days.

Twink

,___

Someone left a blue folding chair in camp Saturday night. It came home with me, so if anyone knows who it belongs to please point them my way and I'll get it back to them. Otherwise my wife is going to claim it to use at horse shows!

Aloha everyone,

Great pics and man i remember finding that iron pole and wondered "what the heck it was doing out in the middle of nowhere. Stood it up as a marker for a couple of nice specimens I found in the area. Almost forgot about it till I saw the pics. Thanks for that memory!

Aloha and stay safe everyone,

Stan aka Kaimi

Kudos to Richard an all who went on the Franconia Anny prospect, and congratulations to all who found the neat stuff. Special congratulations to Vinnie and Michelle on your own anny and finding such a great stone. Thank you Vinnie, and Michelle too, for your service to us all. Special thanks for the great pictures.

I'm sorry I wasn't able to make it this trip. We had a crisis here at the homestead. I'm anxious to go next time, though.

Hi Michelle and Vinnie,

One more thank you for your service to our country. I am glad I had the two Gold Basin slices with me that evening to give to you, it must have been meant to be. We all hope to see you at future gatherings wherever they may be. I was thrilled when I read that you had found a very nice Franconia the next morning!

Twink

Hi Michelle and Vinnie,

One more thank you for your service to our country. I am glad I had the two Gold Basin slices with me that evening to give to you, it must have been meant to be. We all hope to see you at future gatherings wherever they may be. I was thrilled when I read that you had found a very nice Franconia the next morning!

Twink

Twink,

No joke, but all three of us touched the Gold Basin slice Michelle was wearing for luck before we headed through the tunnel on Sunday. I think it worked! : )

Mike

Richard,

I wish you luck my friend.... and hope your birthday was a happy one !!!! Bring back some nice ones.

Dave.

Richard,

I wish you luck my friend.... and hope your birthday was a happy one !!!! Bring back some nice ones.

Dave.

x 2, best of luck!

Mike

Aloha Richard,

If you didn't find a honker out at Franconia for your birthday present here is wishing you a VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY and may you find a good size specimen at Battle Mountain to place next to that nice specimen you found at Franconia. Good luck and stay safe out there.

Aloha,

Stan aka Kaimi

Richard...I haven't seen either of the group shots from Franconia. Have you posted them, or could you email them to me? Thanks, Karl