Nugget Shooter Forums

Denny ... You are right on with the deep hole and cancel ... Montana showed me that trick a few years ago when I was using my 4500 on a hunt with him down in the LSD area near Morristown AZ.

Been awhile lurkr'n. Started reading all the posts and hearts pump'n and getting ready to post to differ (you know me, like to stir the pot) then read Denny's post; he's spot on! Most the time it was big trash, but once, it was good! I run a lowly 4500, modded tho, and know this is pertaining to the 5k, but learning the machine and ALL the potenial possibilities of your machine is the secret! My .02 worth

Shep

Yup and that is worth a bunch more than :twocents:

So that I can be as sucessful as you all :wubu: I will read the manual 5-7 times back to back then I'll buy every generic video out there and watch them ten times each and after I do all that I'll take some lessons-Oh and maybe I'll have enough time to go and find some gold- :nutty: Bottom line practice makes perfect get to know your beeper in the field not behind a book the proof is in the results the recipe is only the start- :head: My 3 centavos worth :zzzzz: Mike C... :ph34r2:

Hey Mike

I'm with you that practice makes perfect and as soon as it cools down I'm going to do that but in the mean time might as well read and pick up some pointers from all the gang here.

I have all the confidence in the world that I am running my machine correctly and am not wasting my time just swinging it around.

How many guys have you met out there that don't even know how to set the 5000 up in fine gold? Heck I met a guy at gold basin that couldn't get his speaker to work until I pushed the plug all the way into the socket. He was about ready to throw it away and find another hobby.

So I understand your 3 centavos worth and sarcasm but learning the machine then learning how to find gold was important to me.

Hi Greg I don't usually bump into anyone other than my beepin partner out in the field because I'm in stealth mode-out of site out of mind :ph34r2: headphone plug was'nt plugged in ? Really :nutty: Good luck to you this season and find lots of gold :head: Mike C... :ph34r2:

Hey Mike C

I see guys every place I go but that's because I just use clubs claims close to the house. Really looking forward to learning a bit more about lesser known places.

I have my custom switch set for pin point and somehow bumped it over to it. Took off swinging after my break and it didn't sound right at all. Had to look twice to find it. Other than that so far so good with mine.

And yes plug not pushed in all the way, just a quarter of an inch separated him from having a good day.

Not sure if I have met you at an outing yet but will be sure to say hi when I do.

Greg

Archived