Nugget Shooter Forums

La Posa LTVA ?

SLNugget

I am thinking about spending some time around Quartzsite over this coming winter. I have been reading the BLM info for La Posa and on the surface it seems like a good spot to consider parking the trailer. Any information, stories or tips would be appreciated. Thanks, Stan

Sorry, I must have posted in the wrong area or something. I would delete the post if I knew how to do it. I just figured someone would have some info to share.

I dont know anything about the LTVA , but it sounds just fine. Seems like there are no hookups, but there are dump stations/trash bins. There probably are some full hook up areas somewhere around quartzsite propper, but you will pay. The area really caters to the hippies, retailers , and wierdo rock hobby enthusiasts :nutty: during the winter. You can camp short term with no provisions, along Dome Rock road. I dont know if it costs money or not there , but I doubt it. Dome rock road puts you right in the heart of nugget producing alluvial fans. Show up in the morning hours ,and cruise around checking areas...you`ll find something that will work out great im sure.

I also know nothing about staying in the area as I don't RV, but allot of folks stay there and it is close to many good prospecting areas. Not in wrong section just no one with an answer to your question....

Adam, camping along Dome Rock is free. I believe the limit is 14 days.

All that is necessary is to check in with the "camp host".

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone in Oct. Cake anyone?

Patrick.....

Thanks guys. I have found some photos of the campground during the winter and it looks more like a small city than a RV Camp. Not sure I will like that but the price is cetainly right. Hope to meet some of you while I am in AZ. This will be my first experience staying in a trailer for an extended period. Fortunately I have a neice in Phoenix I can go hang out with to break the routine.

Stan

I know a lot of people on a casita rv forum that camp at dome rock every year on Dome Rock Rd (quartzsite) and it is definitely free but from what they tell me there is a camp host in that area for BLM who will give you the free pass for 14 days but if you don't find him he will find you and it's no problem...... I hope to get up there for my first time this year.

Joe

http://freecampsites.net/dome-rock-mountain-blm/

Thanks for the info on Dome Rock campground. I am planning to stay at least 3 or 4 months so the deal at La Posa seems to be best for my situation. From Sep 15 to Apr 15 you can get a pass that's good for the entire 7 months for just $180.00 that's also good at any of the other BLM LTVA's in AZ or CA. At least that is my understanding from reading the BLM stuff and corresponding with the Yuma office.

I'm not sure if I can get down there (from Washington) in time for the Oct outing. My intention is to be there then but you know how intentions go. I am in Seattle, my truck is in Kansas City, my new to me Airstream is in south Washington, so there are a lot of issues to deal with on my end.

Stan

I'll be out in that area also (not sure when) so if you see a tan four door dodge ram with a small casita fiberglass egg style trailer that's me.stop and say hi.

Joe

Joe, I will keep an eye out for you. I will be in an older Airstream and a Maroon F250 SD truck. I don't know about cell coverage there but maybe we could trade cell #s ?

Stan

Stan.... If i get up there it will be for the casita fiberglass rally around Feb10th and I believe there's a gold prosp rally too around the same time. please PM me your cell# as i don't like to put my number out on an open forum.

Hope to see you and Airstreams are a great find.

Joe