Nugget Shooter Forums

Glenn and I testing the boat

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Boats with family's would not come anywhere near us. After looking at the pictures I can see why. That is Glenn's picture.

Where is the deep water metal detector???? :brows:

One thing I have learned about boats.....They are a great hole to poor money into! :arrowheadsmiley:

Semper Paratus!

Jim

Jim the boat does not cost anything. I put it in my pool. I also stocked the pool with fish. All I need now are some bikini babes. Perhaps the butt crack twins would like to go for a swim. Though that may not work out when the see the fish.

Glenn and I are going to run a suction dredge on the Salt River above the lake. Think the park rangers will bug us?

Jim the boat does not cost anything. I put it in my pool. I also stocked the pool with fish. All I need now are some bikini babes. Perhaps the butt crack twins would like to go for a swim. Though that may not work out when the see the fish.

Glenn and I are going to run a suction dredge on the Salt River above the lake. Think the park rangers will bug us?

Show'm the boat pics and they won't come near ya....

What Frank left out is that the darn thing wouldn't start after these photos were taken. And the died and wouldn't start in the middle of the lake.

This was one of a couple test runs to first test seaworthiness... it does float and does not take on water... and themechanics... uh, failed.

Turned out to be a simple little solenoid, but not cheap. Hopefully that's the last of those issues.

I did learn that there is one thing Frank's forgotten since his swift boat and river cruiser days... how to set an anchor. Usually end up trying to drift into other boats or cliff faces with the engine not starting.

The only thing we need now are some tunes and ladies. :)

By the way, If you averaged our ages you would only have one 50 on the boat. I'm not even 40, yet. Although I certainly move like an 80 yr old at times.

Hey, Jim... He's not telling the truth!

The boat had been interesting and not free getting it in shape enough to take the families on the water.

But it certainly hasn't had time to become the money pit boats can be, yet. And will likely never be as bad as the river boat Frank used to have. He'd have to pick up a few completely derelict ones to start in that direction.

It's a good older raft that will keep busy tinkering and restoring.

We just have to pierce the hull for the dredge hose and then some method to both hide the discharge and create the anti-thrust mechanism. #stealthy

Bitch and moan, bitch and moan. This is why I gave you a life jacket. Float, sink or swim. Remember the Swiftboat motto

We can hack it!

After moving to Arizona I noticed strange things happen here. Then there is the Glenn effect. Now don't get me wrong Glenn is my best friend here. However just about everytime we go out on a adventure strange mechanical things happen. Including racing and stalling engines. Truck, boat, truck, boat. Hmmmmmmmm. This is why I try to be prepared for these odd things. I just traded for a electric trolling motor to stash on the boat. Just in case the Glenn effect strikes again!

We have oars but forgot

Now that I think about it the Glenn effect varies by location. Near the Superstitions it's racing engines. In the gold fields NW of Phoenix it stalling engines. Truck, ATV, boat all the same. Bill S you recall near the NE wash when your quad would not start after Glenn stood next to it? Glenn we are going to try a experiment. I'll bring my tow float next time we take the boat out. I'll pull you behind on a long rope. As we pass other boats I'll get you real close to them and we can see what happens.

This is true Don but they are tainted and have a bad taste and odor. A little like the water at Lake Pleasant. A bad fishy smell.

LMAO Frank!

My luck, the passing boat would stall and veered right at me and you'd pull me right into it.

As long as the boat has some really cute nurses on board, they can resuccitate (Sp?) any way they deem needed. :)

We have oars but forgot

Now that I think about it the Glenn effect varies by location. Near the Superstitions it's racing engines. In the gold fields NW of Phoenix it stalling engines. Truck, ATV, boat all the same. Bill S you recall near the NE wash when your quad would not start after Glenn stood next to it? Glenn we are going to try a experiment. I'll bring my tow float next time we take the boat out. I'll pull you behind on a long rope. As we pass other boats I'll get you real close to them and we can see what happens.

Hmmmmm you may have a point Frank.....