Nugget Shooter Forums

Rich Hill -- Devils Nest Claims

HI Guys--

Just saw a classified ad in at the recent ICMJ offering the Devils Nest Mine (253 acres) for 1.5 million on this website but couldn't find it anywhere. There are some other claims for sale in that area. Thought I would post this link for the guys who have never seen the area around Rich Hill.

http://devilsnestmine.com/

Steve

They don't have any claims on Rich Hill for sale on that site Steve.

The claims that company has on the Devil's Nest are mostly junior overclaims on long established senior claims. Not exactly the stuff dreams are made of, more like legal nightmares.

We see a lot of claims being offered for sale that are overclaims on existing established claims. It's not unusual to see claims filed as many as four deep on any one spot. Last year there was one known claims seller that claimed over himself four times in the same spot! I guess he had no problem selling that one - again and again. :*&$*(:

Most claims are "transferred" with a quit claim "deed". All that amounts to is a statement that the seller no longer has an interest in the claim - it is no guarantee that they ever had a valid interest in the claim - just that they do not now claim an interest.

In our opinion the right price for a claim is the sum of the filing and recording fees. Everywhere we have mapped claims there is unclaimed ground. Including Rich Hill and the Devil's Nest.

Buyer beware!

• Like 1

The claims that company has on the Devil's Nest are mostly junior overclaims on long established senior claims. Not exactly the stuff dreams are made of, more like legal nightmares.

We see a lot of claims being offered for sale that are overclaims on existing established claims. It's not unusual to see claims filed as many as four deep on any one spot. Last year there was one known claims seller that claimed over himself four times in the same spot! I guess he had no problem selling that one - again and again. :*&$*(:

Most claims are "transferred" with a quit claim "deed". All that amounts to is a statement that the seller no longer has an interest in the claim - it is no guarantee that they ever had a valid interest in the claim - just that they do not now claim an interest.

In our opinion the right price for a claim is the sum of the filing and recording fees. Everywhere we have mapped claims there is unclaimed ground. Including Rich Hill and the Devil's Nest.

Buyer beware!

And there you have it! :thumbsupanim :wubu:

Can anyone share some info on this person selling this claim. He believes he is on BLM which the claim is on FS. Makes no mention to this fact. Looks as if the goofyness is heading up the river and very close to a claim I have for sale.

Thanks

Wayne.

http://www.atlasmini...for-sale/?ID=58

That's the Bigelow Clan Wayne. Claims mongers.

If you are the owner of the Powder River claims he has already over claimed you and sold one of those over claims (the one in your link).

Buyer beware!

I forgot all about those issues. Been away so long..

Steve

That's the Bigelow Clan Wayne. Claims mongers.

If you are the owner of the Powder River claims he has already over claimed you and sold one of those over claims (the one in your link).

I hear tell they are giving up many claims due to new laws and Sundance Mining has either moved from Wickenburg or closed for some reason and he is good friends with Ted.

They indeed hold so many claims in my area it boggles the mind....

I hear tell they are giving up many claims due to new laws and Sundance Mining has either moved from Wickenburg or closed for some reason and he is good friends with Ted.

They indeed hold so many claims in my area it boggles the mind....

And he is still filing claims in your area...... :grr01: even as recently as last month.... :tisk-tisk:

In the same general area if you are a GPAA member be aware that the old Lucky Linda claim down a couple miles from Decision Corner on the Angel's ranch Road is no longer a GPAA claim ... I inquired with GPAA as to why and was told there is new ownership of the claim. GPAA spokesman suggested little hope of it being available to GPAA members any time soon if ever. Too bad! It is listed in the latest 'Pick and Shovel' as 'temporarily closed'.

Mike F

Yeah. Lucky Linda is a strange situation right now.

Claims were sold. New owner wasn't aware of the way GPAA works and got ticked off.

Then the Stanton LDMA caretakers thought the only the two sections in the SW corner were off limits. Then this last meeting we were updated that it is the entire claim.

One of the only claims on which I've found gold more than once. Sad to see it go.

Hi all.

Just in case this issue comes up, in over filings on the claims on the Hassayampa in my area. You had better know your business. I as a young man carried the chains and poles to survey land and also did the brush cuts to facilitate laying them down. Worked the transit and this is not my first round-up. Now we have G.P.S and this is a real battle over which will work on claims and what will survive in court. Yes we will settle for feet but not 200 yards in the interpretation on serious Gold bearing geology. Just a warning for those with wishes to over claim and scam the public with land locked claims in the Prescott National Forest and do not describe this to their potential buyers. And yes we have the resources to send you packing.

Love Wayne

P.S. Thanks to all that sent info on the forum and email that goes back in time on this issue.

Hi all.

Just in case this issue comes up, in over filings on the claims on the Hassayampa in my area. You had better know your business. I as a young man carried the chains and poles to survey land and also did the brush cuts to facilitate laying them down. Worked the transit and this is not my first round-up. Now we have G.P.S and this is a real battle over which will work on claims and what will survive in court. Yes we will settle for feet but not 200 yards in the interpretation on serious Gold bearing geology. Just a warning for those with wishes to over claim and scam the public with land locked claims in the Prescott National Forest and do not describe this to their potential buyers. And yes we have the resources to send you packing.

Love Wayne

P.S. Thanks to all that sent info on the forum and email that goes back in time on this issue.

Really doubt anyone here at the forum is your culprit Wayne so the above warning is likely not going to be read by whomever it was directed to.... I think everyone here was simply trying to help.

Best of luck with your issues and I understand the frustration, but it will get worse as gold prices go up I fear. There are also people out there willing to buy claims from sellers on line sight unseen just because the seller says he is honest and there lies a BIG part of the problem and it is the buyers own fault for not hiring the proper people to pre-test the claim and filing legalities or do it on their own. This also makes selling over claimed ground very easy for the scammers out there to get a bite on their hook.

I have had more than one of these folks show up at my shop looking for advise on how to go about getting their money back from a claim seller in the San Domingo District. Yes they bought the claim on the internet from a nice honest sounding fellow, one was filed over a roadrunner claim and the money was long gone from the sale. This person (from MN) called everyone in authority including BLM and Sheriff to no avail as it is deemed to be a civil matter between him and the seller. Not sure how that ever ironed out....

Strange times we live in, but ultimately it will come down to claim owners policing their claims more often to be sure some poor guy from Indiana has not become the new owner in his mind and setting up equipment on a bogus claim he bought on the internet.

I mean really buy a claim sight unseen off the internet? Not this prospector.... :nutty:

Yeah, I wouldn't buy a claim unless I was able to speak to the registered legal owner. I don't care if they only want to deal through an agent. All I would want is a quick phone conversation (recorded) and the quit claim signed by the registered owner.

I believe part of this problem is because GeoCommunicator, as marginally worthwhile as it was, has made it just a little harder to research claim status. It would at least send you in the right direction regarding claim status and ownership. The same can be done in LR2000 and to need only a few bits of info to find the status and legal owner info which can lead you to the correct offices to call/visit and verify, but the GIS info laid over an interactive map is a great starting point. I know I got sucked into may hours of research with the starting point being that interactive, marginally useful map.

As for the warning above, I agree with Bill. If someone is on here, and is looking to buy a claim... there's a wealth of info here to educate them. If they're coming in here AFTER buying an internet claim, there's a huge eye-opening about to happen.

Using Geo Communicator and or using LR2000 is only a starting point to help with locating a "possible" area unclaimed, then you should go to your county's recorder office to see the most updated info on that area to see if it is truly a unclaimed location, relying on Geo Communicator and or LR2000 for up to date info is not very smart as they both are not updated in a day to day basis or even sometimes for months!

Skip