Nugget Shooter Forums
highbanker58

Ganes Creek Gold 1.75 oz

My first of 2 weeks at Ganes Creek this year.I ended the week with 16 nuggets totaling 1.75 oz. Had a pretty rainy week with lots of mud. The largest nugget was 17 DWT. The large shiny one below it, is a wafer thin 4.5 DWT. Most were found with the MXT with a 12"SEF Butterfly coil.A few were found with the GMT. I took the GPX 5000, but the trashy ground kept it in the cabin. Dave

P1030402.jpg

• Like 1

Dang, that works! :thumbsupanim

• Like 1

Thats awesome Dave !!!!!

• Like 1

Awesome finds Dave..... congrats... If you walked a ways out, could you get away from the trashy area's ?? Never been there, but always have wanted to.

Dave.

• Like 1

Geeezzzz I may have a new trip planned for next year

Very excellent gold, Dave ... WTG & Thanks for sharing ... Cheers, Unc

Very nice Dave!

Rim

Looks like you did well Dave.

There are some very nice treasures you discovered under your coil, thanks for the pics.

Hapy Huntn.

Dolan- We are hunting 100 year old tailing piles from 3 floating dredges.The piles were originally 50 - 80 feet tall. The dredgers weren't very good with their trash,when they finished a can or tool it went out the back into the piles.They had 3/4 minus screens, so the nuggets that were larger than that also went out the back. When I found an area that was fairly clean I brought the GPX5000 back and hunted the area. Last year I found a 3/4 oz. nugget with it. This year I dug a hole 4 feet deep and found the old cutting edge from their dragline bucket, a 300 lb piece of rusted steel that sounded sweet. This summer, in the 5 weeks that they allow detectors on the mine, 318 nuggets weighing 74.5 oz. were found. Each week there were several people that went home without any Gold. I'm amazed at the number of people that would pay that kind of money ($3000) and not be prepared. Some had never used their detector and others would only detect a few hours and quit for the day. I detected every minute I wasn't eating or sleeping, we got up at 5 am and were in bed by 10 or 11 pm. ( it's still light at 11 pm ) Dave

• Like 1

GREAT post HB--those that work prosper and others not so. Beautiful gold but could you please answer a question?? As usual the rumor mills churn and heard that this was the last detecting trip year up there???Any info appreciated in dredgeless kalif-John

Those willing to work for the gold get the gold as John said and that is some nice yeller feller! Thanks for sharing....

Lots of hard work paid of for you!

• Like 1

Very nice Dave!

Persistance is the key to sucess in most anything....for me anyhow :grr01:

John- That has been the rumor for a couple years. The mine is for sale and there was earnest money on the line last year. The potential buyer wasn't able to get it done in time, so we got to come back this year. We won't know until October/November if it is sold again. Hope not!! Dave

Thanx much HB as truth is hard to find lately-John