Nugget Shooter Forums

Fossil Impression of Seed Pod? Ideas?...

Here are 3 pics of crinoid stem that I found. Second photo is a type of coral fossil, but stream tumled.

post-21285-0-63716700-1344214987_thumb.j

post-21285-0-22419800-1344215045_thumb.j

post-21285-0-52037300-1344215070_thumb.j

post-21285-0-29159700-1344215112_thumb.j

Sure make ya do some thinking finding stuff like that up on a mountain top some place knowing it was under a ocean at one time.

Sure make ya do some thinking finding stuff like that up on a mountain top some place knowing it was under a ocean at one time.

Yeah for sure and some folks think we can destroy the planet with our puny existence, Perhaps we will one day make it inhabitable for humans and some other species, but I think the Earth will get us first....

Nice pieces Red_Desert. I keep hoping to find some fossils, but none so far. A friend of mine found a really fine specimen of dino doo. She is going to show me the area she found it in and we are going to look for more.

A friend of mine found a really fine specimen of dino doo. She is going to show me the area she found it in and we are going to look for more.

I've always wondered how you distinguish a coprolite from any other similar rounded looking rocks in the vicinity without cutting into it..Taste? Smell? Just kidding but seriously!!! :hmmmmm: :rolleyes:

Steve

Nice finds!!!! Have you ever found any trilobites up in that area?

Steve

Not here, but can remember taking a family vacation growing up, south to a park somewhere (think in Indiana). The river was shallow enough to wade in, but very rocky. I can still sort of recall seeing them in rocks from that river. Not sure if it was specimens at a park museum or if people were finding them. Probably would have to do an Internet search on trilobites in Indiana.

Why would you copy write protect those images? Do you see a value in doing that? Would you think someone would want to purchase a copy?

Unsure why your friend would suggest that.

He explained that these days you can easily lose ownership of a photo by not establishing it at the start. The nature of the internet these days makes these things slippery. The photos aren't the best, but they are unique, and that was the reason I guess. Like you, I want to find out more about this to know exactly how this all works.

Saginaw

Hi Steve. Your right it could be confused, but this one is a really good specimen; inclusions of grassy material and a neat shape in the form of a pile. I don't think anyone has gotten up the courage to lick it to see what it tastes like. :) I won't be trying it.

Saginaw