Nugget Shooter Forums

BLM Issues Interim Final Rule Regarding Placer Claim Fees

If someone has a lode claim, fees did not go up and you have nothing to worry about, but fees for placers claims just went up.

"Washington, D.C. – The Bureau of Land Management (BLM) has issued a rule that changes the way maintenance fees for placer mining claims are assessed. The rule implements the Consolidated Appropriations Act of 2012 (the FY 2012 Act) which requires the BLM to collect maintenance fees for placer mining claims based on the total acreage contained in the claim, rather than by the claim.

Claimants will now pay the maintenance fee (currently $140) for every 20 acres or portion thereof, contained in the claim. For example, if a placer mining claim consists of 46 acres, the claimants will pay $420 for the maintenance fee – $140 for each 20-acre portion of the claim and another $140 for the remaining 6 acres. Under the old regulations, the maintenance fee would have been $140 for the entire 46 acres."...

http://www.blm.gov/w...07_27_2012.html

No fee change if you have 10 of fewer claims and you file the small miner's waiver and do your assessment work.

If "small miners" have more than 10 claims they will indeed have a much greater cost unless all of those claims are 20 or fewer acres.

We have all been in limbo waiting to see when it was going to go into affect. Guess they wanted to rush it in before AMF fees were due in september. Greedy !!!

This is ridiculous ... Congress and Obummer have pi$$ed away the total amount these new regs will generate during the time it took me to write this sentence!!! ... Cheers, Unc

This is ridiculous ... Congress and Obummer have pi$$ed away the total amount these new regs will generate during the time it took me to write this sentence!!! ... Cheers, Unc

Sure did Ron but look a all the wonderful things they accomplished in that short minute with our money! :hahaha:

they need all the extra money to feed all the extra illegals with....

No fee change if you have 10 of fewer claims and you file the small miner's waiver and do your assessment work.

If "small miners" have more than 10 claims they will indeed have a much greater cost unless all of those claims are 20 or fewer acres.

Thanks for that added info. I don't have any claims, as you can probably tell, just passing along the link.

NEW CLAIM FEES UNGODLY

icon_post_target.gifby Hoser John on Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:05 pm

Just posted in the Fed Register as of Fri.

Sonia notified me the posting would appear.

Amount due per mining claim

Transaction or site Waiver available

--------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------

(a) Recording a mining claim or site No.

A total sum which includes:

(1) The processing fee for

location (part 3833).notices of location found in

the fee schedule in Sec.

3000.12 of this chapter;.

(2) A one-time $34 location

fee; and

(3)(i) For lode claims, mill

sites and tunnel sites, an

initial $140 maintenance

fee; or

(ii) For placer claims, an

initial $140 maintenance fee

for each 20 acres of the

placer claim or portion

thereof.

d) Maintaining a mining claim or (1) For lode claims, mill Yes. See part 3835

site for one assessment year (part sites and tunnel sites, an

3834). annual maintenance fee of

$140 must be paid on or

before September 1 each

year.

(2) for plaser claims,$140

annual maintenance fee for

each 20 acres of the placer

claim or portion thereof

must be paid on or before

September 1 each year.

* * * * * * *I have done so much, with so little, for so long, that I am now qualified to do anything with nothing.

Now, I just have to find the time to put the dang thing together

DO IT TODAY , YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT TOMMORROW WILL BRING

sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much bs-John

Yes, this will affect clubs of all sizes.

Road Runners are already looking to downsize. GPAA has already indicated tis is a SIX FIGURE hit from less than $40k in total fees per year to over $300k per year... over a quarter million dollars more for claims fees!!!

Weaver will likely close shop as will other small clubs as they simply don't have the membership and funds to keep up.

This is a HUGE slap in the face of our freedoms and rights.

I've had words with McCain's staff on this and fired off several letters to Speaker John Boehner, for all the damned good that will do. They voted FOR the omnibus bill!