Nugget Shooter Forums

Calling BEDROCKBOB !!!!

frank c

You must have heard me! LOL

I was just thinking of him yesterday.

"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain

the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the

government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests".

- Patrick Henry

Bummer, Bob could put together a paragraph that would make Orson Welles ponder for a while. I really enjoyed his posts. :wubu:

Yeah, I know Bedrock Bob was a handful,

but when has there been anyone who is smart and challenging who wasn't a handful?

It is a shame he pissed off the wrong people, he should have known better.

He just couldn't pull back on what he perceived were wrongful attacks on him

even as he was just as wrong in his attacks.

He was fun to read though and as some have said

his prose verged on brilliant more often than not.

For all his faults, the forum lost a unique and vital voice.

And, almost as sad, El Dorado has been deprived of a spirited dueling adversary.

It's been pretty bland around here since he was booted.

Hey Flak, I can walk a whole 10 blocks, before I have to give it up. Not bad for being out of surgery for just two months tomarrow. I'll be in good shape by Oct. or Nov. Hunting season. Grubstake

Thanks David, it has been a hell of deal, I'm diabetic now, due to the surgery, and they cut a never in my leg, when they took the arttery out they used for the bypass's. I can go 5 blocks one way and then back, but I'm progressing slowly to more of a distance, not too much flat ground around my house close, so I start out going up hill, then come down. Have not smoked since the 16th of May. So that a mile stone after smoking for 53 years. Grubstake

Bedrock Bob in high spirits, but of course!

Johnno, on the topic of your dad, pray for the help to make the right decision.

It is simply amazing how powerful heartfelt prayer can be.

I am sure you know this but wanted to say it anyway.

And the power of many people, forum members for example, joining you in your prayers

is profound and real.

I am praying for you and your family.

I know everyone who reads this will send out their version of prayers as well.

Grubstake, just stopping the smoking alone is a huge accomplishment,

combined with your incredible surgery it is almost unbelievable.

I remember when I visited you in the hospital

that your doctor walked in and asked if you wanted to go outside for a smoke with him,

man he was really messing with you,

he was really challenging you to get well.

I liked that guy.

David, he Smokes, like a coal train on an up hill pull, and has been my heart DR. for 16 years. Ever since my first heart attack in 1994, He put 11 stents in me over the years, And he is known as one of the best heart DRS. in the state. Grubstake

Johnno. over the years, with my heart problems, and my prostate, I have wished I could just go, in my sleep, A person, me anyway, just gets tired of being sick and not being able to function as a normal person does, I pushed myself to my limits, as hard as I could, and I did good, for the way my heart is and was messed up. My DR. is honest, he says I won't make it throgh another as bad as my heart is, even with the 5 bypasse's, now my stroke risk is very high, and I'm looking at another surgery down the road, but its going to be my road. Not someone else's.. Its my hopes that when my time comes, its in the moutains detecting for gold, then I'll be happy. My wife and I are both praying you and your family are guided by god to make your decission. Grubstake

Bedrockbob is an experienced miner/prospector who shared a wealth of information with this form.

I enjoyed reading his brilliantly written posts and seeing the photos. Those that provoked Bob, knowing

full well the response it would draw, should now be happy. IMHO this form is not the better because

of his absence. Definitely a bummer! Lobo

Bedrockbob is an experienced miner/prospector who shared a wealth of information with this form.

I enjoyed reading his brilliantly written posts and seeing the photos. Those that provoked Bob, knowing

full well the response it would draw, should now be happy. IMHO this form is not the better because

of his absence. Definitely a bummer! Lobo

I was Bob's choice to leave this forum and he made moves to do so. It is what it is and we were all sorry it went as far as it did, but Bob could have avoided the issue if he had wanted. It will be discussed no more as it was a private matter with admn, mods, and Bob and will remain so.

Sorry you all miss him, but it is what it is and he can contact me anytime he wishes and knows that.