Nugget Shooter Forums

My First Chinese Coin

So, I have had my GB 2 going on two years and have been very lucking finding gold, an 1843 Sitting LIberty and other stuff but have really had a hankering to find a Chinese Coin. We live in the Motherlode area.

My wife and I stopped by an Estate Sale to look around and I found a nice metal box for keeping all my finds in as the wife gets a bit touchy when I even look at her tupperware.

Well, I get home and open it up to start loading stuff into it and I hear something sliding around inside.

Found two items, yep, a Chinese Coin and an old luggage key.

Who'd a thunk it?

Jack, they arenot worth much, most under a $1.00 unless you happen to find a coin made of Silver or gold. now them you can retire on! Grubstake. I got a great big thick book on World coins, that has 98% listed from ever country in the world.

Yeah, found out about their value long ago, it's the hunt that I'm after and they are cool looking coins.

My mother-in-law lives out off of Indian Peak Rd. and my wife's sister and husband live off of Yaqui Gulch Rd. Any good spots up there to swing?

We come down once a month to help her mom maintain the house.

Not in that area Jack, too far off the gold belt, You could go out to White Rock and look for Copper nuggets, they mined out there, most of the gold around here is on private land or land that take you all day to get in to. Long walks. Grubstake

• 1 month later...

Yeah, found out about their value long ago, it's the hunt that I'm after and they are cool looking coins.

My mother-in-law lives out off of Indian Peak Rd. and my wife's sister and husband live off of Yaqui Gulch Rd. Any good spots up there to swing?

We come down once a month to help her mom maintain the house.

If its the Yaqui Gulch outside of San Andreas all the surrounding property is private and patrolled