Nugget Shooter Forums

Minelab 12X15 Commander Mono

frank c

Hey Eldorado, I got to finally use this baby yesterday and it pulled a 1.4 gram nugget from just about a foot down and a mini meteorite from 4 inches deep.

Your'e right I like it except for the weight.

But I will say 1 thing about its weight, this coil seems to be built very solidly and gives me the feeling it will stand up well for a long time with rugged use in the field.

Much unlike some other aftermarket manufacturers coils I use.

Bottom Line,.....I LIKE it :thumbsupanim

post-562-0-92231100-1342545472_thumb.jpg

Bill I think that was the 8" Commander you were telling me to keep when I had posted it for sale without even trying it out.

Still haven't used the 8" but I carry it with me in case I have to use it for a pin pointer when I excavate a giant hole !!! :hahaha:

I've become so accustomed to runnin the 16" NFSL I just retired it because the cover is worn out and I don't want to damage the coil.

SO NOWS the time to use these other coils.

BUT you're right on with the TOLD YA SO :wubu:

Adam thanks, also didn't mean to hijack your other thread I was tryin to tell you my partner detected 2 nice ones at the spot I took you too in the basin last year.

Just under a 1/4 oz the 2 totaled. he caught em with the 12x15.

We're headin out in the AM again tomorrow.

Hapy Huntn All

Hi Frank, if you don't mind can you pass along the timimg, setting that you were using with the ML 12 x 15? Was it the mono or DD coil? Thanks a lot.

More Au to you, Robert

Hi Frank, if you don't mind can you pass along the timimg, setting that you were using with the ML 12 x 15? Was it the mono or DD coil? Thanks a lot.

More Au to you, Robert

ROBERT, I use a 3500 not a 5000. And its a mono 12x15

If you want to know about the 3500 setup I use let me know.

Frank,

That 12X15 is an awesome coil. It is my main coil I use 90% of the time. It has been really lucky for me. Great finds dude !!!

Dave.

Hi Dave,

I am running a mono on the 5000, great depth on those coils, and they find small gold. I usually use the special soil timings with this coil, and almost all the time in sensitive extra.

Dave

Frank C ... One thing I have noticed in your posts ... Since you semi retired that 16" NFA rd mono you haven't been claiming to have dug the deep holes! Just an observation! :brows:

Mike F

Mike I wore the coil cover out and haven't had time to replace/repair it yet.

You're suspicions are correct thou, the 16NFSL is MY FAVORITE.

I have hunted along side of my partner and seen him catch some deep nuggets with the 12x15 I know it is capable just haven't gotten over anything deep for awhile.

BUT the 16 NF has signaled some very deep meteorites just before retiring it. And I know its capabilities fer sure thats why it is my favorite.

Hapy Huntn

Heck I'll put the Commander coils up against any of the aftermarket coils and the results just may surprise folks, Minelab makes the best coils for Minelab detectors in my opinion though I do have a couple aftermarket coils I like very well I still prefer the good old Commander Coils by Minelab for much of my hunting....

Heck Minelab builds the best detector out there for nugget shooting and their Commander Coils are built with the same care and skill.

Just saying :D

While Acceptance is the answer to most of my problems...Today

THE HIPSTICK is the answer to my aging and tattered shoulders and back...

I don't even get a % for just promoting it...I have tried various other devices...the HP is the best in my opinion for a Minelab Pi...

I use Doc's Swingy THingy for the toy detectors...especially at the beach...

fred