Nugget Shooter Forums

Question about the Gold bug 2 M-Scope

Joe Z

I have been looking around at possibly buying a used GB2 but came across something i never heard of was a "Fisher Gold Bug 2 M-Scope".

What is the difference between that and a regular gold bug 2?________

I looked at two different online manuals for just the GB 2 M-Scope and one said it operated at 19 Khz and the other manual said it operated at 71 Khz does does anybody know for sure what Khz the M-scope operates at?_______

If you had your choice of either the regular Gold bug 2 or the Gold bug 2 M-Scope would you pick one over the other for any reason?_______

Thanks for any help and Happy Hunting

Joe

Thanks Eldorado

I already have a xterra 705 at the 18.75 Khz so you are right on the gold bug 2 higher 71Khz frequency that is my choice for a second detector..... I just got highly confused because the gold bug 2 M-Scope is unclear to me which frequency it runs on... the 19 or 71 Khz and i've seen them for sale used

Joe

My Gold Bug II says m-scope on the side of the control box. Just make sure it says Gold bug II on it, and you should be fine. If you can find one under 500 bucks , it would be a good deal, if everything works of course.

It cost me 155 bucks for a tune-up from Fisher (new coil,new toggles, and a re-calibration ). Well worth the price IMO

My Gold Bug II says m-scope on the side of the control box. Just make sure it says Gold bug II on it, and you should be fine. If you can find one under 500 bucks , it would be a good deal, if everything works of course.

It cost me 155 bucks for a tune-up from Fisher (new coil,new toggles, and a re-calibration ). Well worth the price IMO

The one that caught my attention said gold bug 2 on the front faceplate of the unit by the controls but on both sides it said M Scope so that's what is throwing me off....... so then i went and googled gold bug 2 M- scope manual and two different pdf manuals came up from fisher for the gold bug 2 M-Scope and one said 71Khz and the other said 19Khz so the two official fisher manuals where contradicting each other and it definitely wasn't the gold bug pro manual..... I tend to go with goldfingers (steves) advice that it's 71Khz.

Thanks for the advice and happy hunting.

Joe

Thanks everyone for your help..... the GB2 M-Scope is the same as the others at 71Khz.

Happy Hunting,

Joe

M-scope refers to metallascope which was fishers first models of metal detectors. They called the first one in 1931 the metallascope. M-scope is just a reference to their original product. The GB2 operates at 71khz. All current models have the M-scope on the side

post-25615-7626_thumb.jpg

Staying with the 71Khz GB2 and the 6.5 coil.....unless i can get one with a different coil but low enough in price to get the 6.5 coil separately.... I like that combo!

thanks for all the input

Happy Hunting,

Joe

I just sent my GB 2 in because the face plate was loose and the Iron Disc toggle switch was going out. Was instructed to send both my coils in with the box. Turns out both coils were not tuned to the box, got two new coils, two new coil covers, new face plate and new switch for $178.00 including freight. The one small coil cost me $125.00 when I bought it. Great value and service from Fisher.

Now I get to go swing over EVERYTHING I've swung on over the last 18 months. :ROFL:

That does sound like great service......I would have thought they would have tuned the coils to the receiver but they gave you two new coils.That's great....... I wonder if others with the GB2 have mis-tuned coils?

Joe