Nugget Shooter Forums
Sign in to follow this  
jim mcculloch

Inferno gold

The temperatures hit 115 in most areas of the Mojave on Tuesday, so I was a bit sluggish in the goldfields. Still, I was able to bag 16 "Mojave Midgets" in about 5 hours. Can't wait for cooler weather. HH Jim

Jim:

Glad you were able to brave the heat! :nutty: Plus you got some gold :ya:

I did it last year and cooked my brain.

I have a theory....the gold seems to crawl down deeper in the summer to escape the heat....least it seems that way when we're digging for it! :)

Got any pics?

Good luck in the future.

Tom H.

Tom, you may be right. One thing I DO know is that I spend a lot more time digging targets at 115 degress then I do when it is only 75. HH Jim

Good on ya Jim, and nice day beeping, got a photo so I can get a fix :D

Bill, although I know how to tune a detector, I have no knowledge of posting pics. Is there a tutorial posted here? Or can I shoot with my phone and email the pics to you? HH Jim

Bill, although I know how to tune a detector, I have no knowledge of posting pics. Is there a tutorial posted here? Or can I shoot with my phone and email the pics to you? HH Jim

Yes I will post them for ya Jim... I'll see about posting a tutorial as well. Oh and you can do a bit more than tune them me thinks....

I absolutely love this California heat in Sacramento.........105 degrees..... yessssssss

Of course I fix Air Conditioning so ya .....life is good right now....hot but good :brows:

Bill S. will be posting the picture I sent him, but I thought I'd mention that only 15 MM's are shown, the 16th didn't get in the grouping. I had set it aside for closer observation, a very thin flake of AU enclosing a non-host bit of rock. Yeah, we gotta be desparate look look at such dinks! But, summer IS summer, usually our "dry" season (although a massive thunderhead is forming as I type this, won't be dry for long!) HH Jim

Yo All ... Monitoring the weather NOAA from up here in N. CA and it looks like we have some rock rolling flash flooding going on in the Wickenburg area ... Yeah!!! Looks like it's cooling things down a bit too ... Can't wait to get back to the desert ... Cheers, Unc