Nugget Shooter Forums

Well it's been a tough week and seems the more i do the more i find to do. This week i was stared down by 2 javalinas , swooped on by a couple of hawks , found 2 abandoned mines ( copper i think from the tailings i found ) hauled out at least 300 pounds of rocks , the list goes on and on.

Anyway , in a lengthy chat i had with a ranger over on south mountain he mentioned that i need to search for the treasure at Padre cave , also kknown as ghost cave. He offered to copy any info that the park office has. In internet search offers little more than the same info rehashed a hundred different ways. Does anybody have any knowledge , info etc... And anyone heard of the supposed gold treasure been rumored to have been found.

After stumbling upon the marcos DeNiza inscription and finding that it is a fake i am sceptical about internet info. maybe some of you have real info. Thanks in advance. Lou

Hey Bill and Johnno ,

Padre cave , also called ghost cave is indeed in maricopa county , city of Phoenix. It is on the west end of south mountain near the golden standard and max delta mines. Most of the internet info is all the same rehashed crap. here is a link :

http://www.petroglyphsinthesky.com/GHOST-CAVE-SOUTH-MOUNTAIN.html

Hey Homey ,

if you read the links and then read the next 75 or so you realize that there is little info. The first two written on your list was written by a guy who claims that UFO's fly from padre cave. They were good though in feeding me new hunts... like four cross hill and a couple other spots. All on the west end of the mountians , no wonder the east end where i have been exploring are terribly boring and ugly. But the javalina's were cute. The DeNiza inscription is on the east end and still caged in even after being proven a fake.

Hey Bill and Johnno ,

Padre cave , also called ghost cave is indeed in maricopa county , city of Phoenix. It is on the west end of south mountain near the golden standard and max delta mines. Most of the internet info is all the same rehashed crap. here is a link :

http://www.petroglyp...H-MOUNTAIN.html

Ore,

Myth? Or fact? The link uses the word myth. But still interesting.

Rim

Hey Rim ,

not sure if the tale is real or myth , which is why i posted seeking any info members may have had. But the cave is real . I am headed out there in an hour or so to see what i can scurry up . It seems as if most ( but not all ) of the internet tale originates with the one guy who claims that UFO's fly out of it... None of my books make any mention of the tale , It was first mentioned to me by one of the park rangers... so who knows. I will see more today with better lights and my camera ... and my 45.

Hey Steve ,

all the UFO's must be on furlough this weekend .... none to be seen. Lou

hey guys ,

spent about six hours hiking in this 113 degree heat today but never found Padre cave. The aliens must have it hidden under an invisiblity cloak. Seriously , if its there i will find it if it takes me a year. 19,000 acres is a large search area. After 6 hours of hiking i headed over to the old mines site that i posted about... awesome news there and will post under it's thread. At least it wasn't a total loss , unless you are sweat because i lost alot of that today ! I will post when i get any new Padre cave info. Lou