Nugget Shooter Forums

Interesting day touring the mining claims

lotsa luck

We spent the day looking over the fire damage from the Gladiator fire. Got to the start of the upper claim and could easily see the melted over PVC claim marker through what once was thick brush. Then found the FS has erected a permanent gate closing the Senator highway right at our claim boundary thus preventing us from going further. I'll call them on Monday asking for its key, should be interesting...

Drove on over the hill to the lower claims as well as some new ground checking. For a few years we see bear scat once in a while on the lower claims but its so low we thought it was just an oddity but today we saw the biggest bear I have seen in AZ right at the claim boundary walking down the road we were driving. I got out and tried to find him for a pic but no sign or sound of him anywhere once he left the road.

The ugly road is now a super highway in comparison but that fire did a lot of damage!

post-812-0-33696700-1341098584_thumb.jpg

post-812-0-58714500-1341098602_thumb.jpg

Gotta love how they just put up gates that are just not needed......... looking forward to finding out about what happens next. Kind of looks like a high lift jack would work as a key, just in case.

Gotta love how they just put up gates that are just not needed......... looking forward to finding out about what happens next. Kind of looks like a high lift jack would work as a key, just in case.

Can I get an Amen?!

Wonder how much that gate cost me. The gate also looks rather permanent, even better than alot of fence along the mexican border. Wouldnt temporary barracades done the job too, and saved some money.

To bad nobody around there has the gear and ambition needed to completely remove that gate as well re-construct the road bank to look as if there had never been a gate there to begin with. And how long would it take fer em to figure out their gate was missin?

#1 -bear was just a waitn' for ya to whip out that bear pepper spray for his dinner condiment

#2-gate ya say?? I walk softly and carry a BIG gate opener at all times and pop my locks on the chain for repeat acess

#3- I was mad as LL fire :evil1: when the BLM used my claims for a backfire and wiped out half of them. Then the rains came and I shut my mouth as much exposed from erosion that was never shown due to brush and forest floor clutter. It was tough watching them spew napalm out of that helo but no way to stop them. Also rattlers have disapeared which rocks my boat. tons a au 2 u 2 -John

• 2 weeks later...

Who says we don't have the means and tools to remove and remediation the gate location? I do like putting on your own lock idea. crafty

Can you claim removing the gate and such as improvements and waive the fee this year? LOL

The reason for the gates (other end blocked at Pine Flats) FS is removing the culverts under the road in anticipation of major wash-outs from monsoon rains after the fire . I saw another company moving their equipment up the mountain a couple weekends ago (Bradco Enviromental) and they are flying over the burned area dumping straw and seed out of a plane and heli .

LOL! I have used the Super Glue thing before.

I was working for a Micro Wave Company and we had one gate on a gas line road with at least 10 locks on it.

One Jerk would just by pass a few locks when they put theres back on and I cut thiers off at least three times to get in. Nice having a Truck Full of tools. LOL.

I figured I was just wasting my time and cut a One of the Few Links of chain put a second lock on it for us the last time he did it.

This way he thought he was getting us and his got topped off with STupendus Glue twice.

After a few time of that he started puting his lock back where it was and everyone was happy.

I got accused of putting super glue in the big bosses office door. During the investigation I told them it was a good idea but I didn't do it. They wanted to know why I thought it was a good idea and I said because he is a jerk and should be knocked down a peg or two. About 20 years everyone thought I did it then one day I run into a retired guy who confessed to me that he was the one. Never thought he would do something like that. I'll retire one day and management will still think it was me.

Congress just passed yet another bill mandating your access--which is guaranteed under the 1872 mining laws and further codified under the Nixon administration. The bill this week was based on the Strategic Metals need and don't take this garbage lying down just fight and they MUST by law key ya ---John

If you honestly believe they're goingbto open or remove that gate in two years... well, I've got some of that ocean front property they sang about. I'll let it go real cheap.

They've now put up the means to permanently or seasonally close an existing and continuously used route without public comment, following NEPA, completing an EIS, and without due cause.

Once they lock that gate, it is permanent.

What is needed is for the folks of Crown King and other local communities to be informed of the economic impact due to lost tourism and supplies dollars, all legal claim owners to file complaints, and I think it would be a great opportunity to get Blue Ribbon Coalition and PLP involved.

I'm on my phone, so it's hard to get to Del and Stacie Albright and Jerry Hobbs accounts on the forum and link them back to here. But that certainly needs to be done. It's why they are around... and they love a good fight with the govt, especially when that govt did wrong.

Congress just passed yet another bill mandating your access--which is guaranteed under the 1872 mining laws and further codified under the Nixon administration. The bill this week was based on the Strategic Metals need and don't take this garbage lying down just fight and they MUST by law key ya ---John

The bill did not pass Congress Hoser it just passed the House. This or the other Strategic Minerals bill also just passed in the House are very unlikely to pass the Demo controlled Senate. Even if one of them does pass the Senate and the idiot in charge signs it it's not going to help the folks on this forum since the provisions only apply to Strategic Minerals. Gold is not, and never has been, a Strategic Mineral.

Here is the list of Strategic Minerals:

Antimony

beryllium

Cerium (LREE)

Cobalt

Dysprosium (HREE)

Europium (HREE)

fluorspar

Gadolinium (HREE)

Gallium

Germanium

Graphite

Helium

Indium

Lanthanum (LREE)

Lithium

Magnesium

Neodymium (LREE)

Niobium

Palladium (PGE)

Platinum (PGE)

Praseodymium (LREE)

Rhenium

Samarium (LREE)

Selenium

Tantalum

Tellurium

Terbium (HREE)

tungsten

Yttrium (REE)

You are right Hoser. If you have rights in a mineral claim on the other side of that gate you have a prior right to ingress and egress. If the FS is unwilling to produce the key for you just put your own lock on the chain.

The reason for the gates (other end blocked at Pine Flats) FS is removing the culverts under the road in anticipation of major wash-outs from monsoon rains after the fire . I saw another company moving their equipment up the mountain a couple weekends ago (Bradco Enviromental) and they are flying over the burned area dumping straw and seed out of a plane and heli .

LoL! I guess they don't want any tumble weeds getting into their culverts?

Rim

The bill did not pass Congress Hoser it just passed the House. This or the other Strategic Minerals bill also just passed in the House are very unlikely to pass the Demo controlled Senate. Even if one of them does pass the Senate and the idiot in charge signs it it's not going to help the folks on this forum since the provisions only apply to Strategic Minerals. Gold is not, and never has been, a Strategic Mineral.

Here is the list of Strategic Minerals:

Antimony

beryllium

Cerium (LREE)

Cobalt

Dysprosium (HREE)

Europium (HREE)

fluorspar

Gadolinium (HREE)

Gallium

Germanium

Graphite

Helium

Indium

Lanthanum (LREE)

Lithium

Magnesium

Neodymium (LREE)

Niobium

Palladium (PGE)

Platinum (PGE)

Praseodymium (LREE)

Rhenium

Samarium (LREE)

Selenium

Tantalum

Tellurium

Terbium (HREE)

tungsten

Yttrium (REE)

You are right Hoser. If you have rights in a mineral claim on the other side of that gate you have a prior right to ingress and egress. If the FS is unwilling to produce the key for you just put your own lock on the chain.

Clay,

I'm afraid you maybe right, so this means that from now on we're mining for Platinum and few other minerals on that list and that darn pesky gold just keeps getting in our equipment!!!

Skip