Nugget Shooter Forums

Mike Furness.........Trommel

TomH

Mike:

I saw in another post you were interested in making a Trommel.

I made on last year and love it. Your welcome to copy it if you want.

I can give you all kinds of advise on the build.

Its got a 8" barrel. Runs on a battery, I usually recirculate the water.

Mainly used for running buckets of material I suck up from washes for testing.

Does a full bucket in about 5 minutes.

Ive since removed the riffles and use expanded metal and GOLD HOG matting.

It catches the fines and bigger stuff well.

Im down here in the Glendale Az. area.

It doesnt look quite as nice now that ive gotten it all scratched up. :)

P.S....the Nash hood lady was just for the photo shoot.

Tom H.

post-25308-0-53076900-1340182029_thumb.j

post-25308-0-46151400-1340182037_thumb.j

post-25308-0-51420600-1340182044_thumb.j

post-25308-0-49925000-1340182050_thumb.j

post-25308-0-82105700-1340182058_thumb.j

post-25308-0-65214100-1340182065_thumb.j

post-25308-0-13224700-1340182073_thumb.j

Thanks Tom ... When I get back to AZ ... I'm in NH right now ... I may just contact you for an onsite looksee if that would be alright with you ... Glendale AZ isn't too far from my home in Prescott Valley ... besides if nothing else another excuse to visit my favorite store ... Cabela's!

Mike F

Thanks Tom ... When I get back to AZ ... I'm in NH right now ... I may just contact you for an onsite looksee if that would be alright with you ... Glendale AZ isn't too far from my home in Prescott Valley ... besides if nothing else another excuse to visit my favorite store ... Cabela's!

Mike F

Sure! No problem.

Cabellas isnt too far from my house.

Tom H.

MIKE, COULDN'T FIND THE OLD PLANS THAT I HAD FOR THE TROMMEL THAT I BUILT IN 2005. E-MAIL ME AT hmpitman@gmail.com AND I WILL SEND SOME PICTURES OF THE ONE THAT I BUILT WITH SOME INSTRUCTIONS TO BUILD ONE. YOU CAN SCALE IT DOWN FOR A 15 GAL BARREL. IT TAKES A LOT OF WATER FOR THE ONE THAT I USE. THE ONE THAT TOM BUILT IT LOOKS LIKE YOU CAN RECIRCLATE THE WATER AND HAUL IT IN THE BACK OF YOUR ATV. KEEP IN TOUCH HARRY

If you are not skill with a welder or sheet metal work and need some help on some of the parts check these guys out....

http://www.casluicebox.com/TROMMEL-PARTS.html

More Au to you, Robert

Robert ... did a fair amount of oxy-acet welding as a car mechanic years ago and have a very small amount of heli-arc under my belt too. My older son is very good with a mig unit so I think I am covered in that regard. ... I will need a little practice before doing it for real though if I go down that road. My plan is to get jay ... my son ... to do it when he comes to visit this late summer or fall ... he just doesn't know that yet!

thanks for the reference though ... you just never know when you need a good welder or a quality parts distributor.

Mike F

Gummer,

That is a sweet little setup you have there...Do you have any plans and/or material lists that you would be willing to share? I would like to try my hand at manufacturing one just like that, with the ability to recirculate my H2O...

Regards,

Chris

Gummer,

That is a sweet little setup you have there...Do you have any plans and/or material lists that you would be willing to share? I would like to try my hand at manufacturing one just like that, with the ability to recirculate my H2O...

Regards,

Chris

Chris:

I had some plans but after the 3rd reweld from the plans being incorrect...I threw them away and just winged it.

I tried to buy all my material from scrap metal yards. Its cheaper.

Tom H.

• 2 months later...

Go to Bill and Linda's Prospecting ... They have plans for a bunch of different recovery systems plus and entire buttload of cool stories and adventures... Very nice peeps ... Cheers, Unc