Nugget Shooter Forums

GB II help

GeoJack

The face plate on my GB II has come loose and hangs open. Is there any fasteners that are suppose to hold this in place?

Also, my Iron Disc. switch is acting up and not engaging right away when I switch it. Called Fisher and they said it is fine.

This thing has taken some abuse and is dirty inside and out. How about cleaning?

Hi Rick,

The connector nut on the back, pretty much holds the case in place. Take the box off the the arm. Remove the batteries, then remove this connector nut. The case will then slide off and you can see inside and see what is going on. It's fairly painless to do this enough to see inside, calibrate, etc. You will get a better idea what's going on.

Jim

This thing has taken some abuse and is dirty inside and out. How about cleaning?

I use CRC QD electronic cleaner on my goldmaster2 and my friends GM2. works great and didnt harm anything. Now my knobs turn smoother and it definately cleans the pc boards well. Got it from Autozone i believe.

• 2 weeks later...

So, Fisher calls and tells me I was missing two screws for the cover (didn't see any screw holes when I looked), the Iron Disc. switch is bad and both coils were not balanced with the detector. I purchased the six inch coil online and the 9.5" coil came with the unit.

My question is, if you buy a coil, do you need your unit balanced to the new coil?

Getting it back today and can't wait to see if I missed some color on the piles.

Jack should make a big difference all the way around tuning the coil to the box.

Sensitivity and depth would be enhanced for you.

Balance and adjusting threashold are the key to max performance for you now.

• 3 weeks later...

Wow, what a difference! I went back down to my diggin pile to fire up the now "tuned" GB 2 and right off the top I get some lite signal from some rocks in the pile. No zip, zip but it didn't diminish when I bumped up the Iron Disc.

Took them all up to the house, into the rock crusher and through the poop tube and blue bowl. Picked up some nice micro gold and small 1/2 BB size gold.

Didn't weight it, didn't matter. Just the fact that I can now pick up even smaller gold, loose gold in rock, and process it is great.

I know what I'm doing for a while.

Thats the ticket Jack, if ya want yer VLF to sing ya send em in to be tuned.

I had my GMT set up after I visited Whites Electronics factory in Sweet Home OR. and I loved it.

Bedrock Bob owns it now, Gee I wonder how hes doin haven't heard from him in quite some time.