Nugget Shooter Forums

Fun on the hill

The weekend was perfect, cool nights and 60's daytime, we arrived on Thur for a Fri.-Sat. club outing. I mainly go just to get out of town to relax and watch and help others. I did take a little time to detect and picked up 2 little pickers, that was enough,, time to kick back and have a cool one.The parking lot filled up quickly and spilled over to any wide space along the road. In all there was about 60 people with 52 in the common operation. In the common one has to put in 4 hours to get a split. Two 4 hour shifts on Sat and one on Sun.

We pump water about 700 ft up hill from the creek into holding ponds and have 3 settling ponds before the water is recirculated. The club and some members have built their own trommels which we like better than highbankers. We hire an excavator to dig the material and then use a leader to load the club truck and haul to the trommels. Once the material is cleaned from the trommel it is hauled down to the camping area where it is panned out in a small creek. We have one outing a month durining the summer and 2 in Oct..

On Sat evening there is a pot luck and Sun. morning the club furnishes breakfast, pancakes, eggs and bacon. The gold was nice and everybody got a little split. I didn't get a picture of the gold but saw the split.

good time was had by all

eahagd

Allen in MT

post-227-0-05504400-1340110259_thumb.jpg

post-227-0-85974900-1340110261_thumb.jpg

post-227-0-78410000-1340110264_thumb.jpg

post-227-0-09895500-1340110268_thumb.jpg

post-227-0-35572700-1340110271_thumb.jpg

post-227-0-18942100-1340110274_thumb.jpg

post-227-0-47680000-1340110276_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Hey Allen ... Any chance any of those builders has plans draw for the trommel ... I've been thinking about building a smaller version for my back yard and maybe make it portable enough to get into some remote spots hauling it behind or on the back of my Rzr. That is if we ever get any water again in AZ.

Mike F

ALLEN, I DIDN'T GO UP FOR THE FIRST DIG OF THE YEAR. GREAT PIC'S.

MIKE ,I'LL CHECK AND SEE IF I STILL HAVE THE PLANS FOR THE TROMEL THAT I BUILT QUITE A FEW YEARS AGO. ESTILE HUNT BUILT THE FIRST ONE USED ON THE LIBBY CR, CLAIM. I COPPIED ESTILE'S TROMEL. CALLED IT ESTILE #4 REVISION 37. A 30GAL. BARELL WAS USED FOR THE MAIN PART ' I THOUGHT ABOUT MAKING SMALLER ONE USING A 15 GAL BARELL . MAYBE SOME DAY. ESTILE MADE A COUPLE FOR THE CLUB AND THEY ARE STILL IN USE TODAY.

HARRY

Thanks Harry ... The 15 gallon size sounds about right ... if I had plans for the 30 gallon I'm sure I could rig a 15.guess I better find the welder and get ready to do some work this summer!

Mike F

Thanks for jumping in there Harry. I myself don't have any planes but I knew someone in the club did, you saved me some time in looking around.

Mike they work real good and you don't get wet like when using a highbanker and they have better scrubbing action to. The most I've seen on the hill at an outing was 9 machines going at once.

A in mt