Nugget Shooter Forums

Sorry to hear about his passing  .

He had a presentation at our club meeting about a year ago  . Was glad to meet the living legend at that time .

• Like 3
  • Replies 657
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A  funny about Jim.   He took a WW2 era mine sweep metal detector to a coin contest at Rancho Jurupa... The detector had no battery and  was not working.  He went into the field and picked up visible

The word is out that Jim has passed away. I last saw and spoke with Jim a bit over a year ago. He spent several hours on both Saturday and Sunday in the ICMJ booth with me at the Pomona GPAA show. He

Bill what I'm trying to say and continue to say it badly, but at my age I'm on my way out. I've had my 15 seconds of fame years ago... My day is past. I liken myself as a caboose on a train... Thus

Posted Images

Sorry to hear the news.

Thank you Sir for sharing all your knowledge.

Dear Lord, Please take care of the wonderful and thoughtful man we in the prospecting community were so blessed to have and please ease the pain in the hearts of his family and friends.  In Jesus name -Amen.

• Like 5
  • well done 1

A genuinely helpful person, seriously dedicated to educating and enlightening others about detecting for gold, great guy to talk to, one that will truly be missed.

All the best,

Lanny

• Like 4
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I knew I should have checked this thread more frequently.

It’s been close to 25 years since I first met Jim, and at least 15 since I last saw him. He was easily the kindest man I have ever met. He was more eager to teach than I was to learn, and I was extremely eager to learn. We rode to many hunts together, and I listened intently to all he could offer on those long drives. He loaned me his Tesoro Diablo on hunts so many times that many people thought it was mine. The plastic coffee cup he gave me to sort dirt with is one of my most prized possessions. I may have forgotten much of what he taught me, but I’ll never forget him. 

Thank you, Jim, for everything you shared with me. My life is far better just for having known you. Rest well, friend.

Edited by d_day
  • Like 6
  • 1 year later...

I guess I should frequent this forum more often. I know this news is over a year old but it's new to me as I haven't been on here in a while. I had the pleasure once of meeting Jim near Randsburg for a few hours of detecting one Saturday back in the mid 2000s. I think he sat me down about three different times not just to rest but to also fill my head with the geology and history of that area. He sure had a lot of information in that head of his, and he wasn't stingy in the least about sharing any of it. RIP Jim.

• Like 4