Nugget Shooter Forums
jim straight

Jim Straight here

Happy Birthday Jim ... 39 and holding I hear! :) Have a great day!

Mike F

Hi Jim, Wishing you A Happy Happy Birthday ! I hope you catch one of those hot looking red head women (lol)

All the Best to you. Jon

Well here I be... I have managed to ride out a sorta bumpy road the past several

months but now doing pretty good thanks to good friends. Yep my 84th birthday

has now past and it is early morning, Saturday the 5th of January.

But truly I'm just a kid... My ol' friend of many years, Mike Temple who is now 90 +

has just been elected as president of Antelope Valley.... There are several menbers

of Antelope who have posted here.... I believe Jim Gilmore is one... More later as I'm

just getting my "sealegs" under me... But before I log off I will take a moment to Thank

all of the Veterans who have served in the military.... I Honor You All!... God Bless.... Jim

Hi Jim, nice to see you posting on the forum, I'm very glad to hear you're doing better!! :thumbsupanim

Well Jim, if I had known I would have baked a cake for ya! lol Happy Birthday! Glad to hear you're doing better man and happy to see you post again too.

Hi Jim

Great to see you posting, now it's an even better day!!!

Best Regards

Herb

Hope you had a happy birthday Jim! :thumbsupanim

Hi Jim,

Wishing you a belated Happy Birthday and a wonderful New Year. I have always enjoyed your informative posts and the knowledge you share with everyone.

I have read several of your books, in fact the last one I picked up at the General Store in Randsburg, (hi from the store)....

Speaking of that I want to get out there soon, and see if I can find a few bits of shiny stuff.... Closer than the big AZ. Thanks again Jim for all you do and wishing you well,

Jeff

Hello Everyone... Please excuse the typos as my fingers and hands seem to

have a mind of their own. I know you are looking to 2014 as being a great

"Bonanza" year.

One common ground we all share is our interest in metal detecting in the south

west. This area includes the vast 300,ooo sq/mile Basin and Range Province

landscaped with long and narrow north- and south- trending mountains having

wide interior-draining basins.

The Provence includes the Freat Basin, Mojave and Sonoran deserts. It extends

east-west the Sierras to the Rockies abd trom the north-south from thre nothern

edge of Nevada, Utah and Colorado. All contain both hard rock and dry placer

areas.

I guess you see where I'm leading you to..More later... But it includes two general

kinds of precios metal ore deposits; epithermal (relating to volcanic) and mesothermal

relating to plutonic rocks.

More later... but for those who wish to look ahead... We need to be more knowledgable

regarding three terns.... "Blowouts" , "Epithermal", and Mesothermal

More later... jim

Happy belated birthday my good friend and glad to see you back around to help educate us folk. Looking forward to hearing more about the gold deposits you mention and will enjoy reading as always.

Bill I could never thank you enough in a zillion years for your friendship!

More later... Jim

Thank you Jim and I feel the same about you my friend. Twas you and your knowledge shared so generously many years ago that launched a young and impatient man into the patient art of nugget shooting with a metal detector! You are as I have said before My Hero!

Howdy All... As write this my calcium carbonate level is too low. Brittle bones. When

I fall I may break bones... Mu latest fall was bad... busted two ribs... complete offset and

one side of my ribcage overlaps the other by about a 1/4 inch... Wearing a corset "thingy"

like the ladies did in the "gay 9's"... Sor'ta painful... but the prescription pain pills knock

me for a loop and so I do not take them but endure the pain instead... So I'm sleeping in

exhausted short stages but "soldering (slogging on) with my boots on the ground...

Through my venue as Straights Publishing Company, now in its 33rd year thanks to

Dan Taylor the updated July 2013 is now finished and hopefully all of my early typos

have been corrected and WOW... the early illustrations are much better, even all of

the photos in Appendix A More on Meteorites... Through Straight's Publishing venue

there is now a Fisher/Teknetics dealership... More later... I tire easily... Thanks Bill

Southern... You are a True Friend... jim

Jim,

Thanks for updating us, I'll will continue to keep you in my thoughts and prayers for you to heal fast and stay that way.

Hi Jim, you are very welcome my good friend, heal well and hope to see you one day again soon. Age sure has a way of slowing us down doesn't it....

So very sorry to hear that Jim.

Yes our golden years are not as enjoyable as the gold we have sought after thru our lives.
Wishing you the very best
Frank C "Ol Yeller Drywashers"

Howdy All... Lets not dwell on our ailments (hey, I'm talking to myself LOL); but to

move onward I will post some stuff that may be of interest.

Back in 2006 First Texas Instruments "products division" reintroduced the original

Teknetic metal detector venue that was going strong back in the 1980s. Actually in 2006

the Teknetic T2 was the first to introduce the new "David Johnson" concept having

software to interpret the magnetite (Fe304) which indicates the amount of magnetic

susceptibility in the soil under the search coil loop.

The software measures the Fe304 percent by volume magnetic

equivalents in egs which are known to electrical engineers as centimeter-gram-second

"Gaussaian" units. It displays this on the screen as a "bar graph" ; the more bars the

more egs. This dis-play is subject to user interpretation. Also software measures the

type of ground mineralization which is a fancy way of indicating the ground balance setting.

(This can be confusing id it is not understood it simply measures the magnetic property

of the soil irregardless of texture, moisture, color, or metallogenetic properties...

Now everyone think about all of this.... I'm a tired and need to stop... More later jim

Jim

I keep hearing rumors of a new detector that Fisher has in the works. The rumor mill says it is a technology that will rock the detecting world. Have you heard anything?

Steve... While Fisher is an older venue, under the guidance of David Johnson, Chief Designer;

First Texas Products (Bounty Hunter, Teknetics, and Fisher Research Labs) is now

full of vim and vigor and may have hired(?) another electronic genius. Thus Fisher (First

Texas Products) is always on the cutting edge developing new "Made in El Paso" detectors.

Back in 2006 I bought my T2 for coin hunting and slowly became aware of it's ability as per my

last post... Actually over the years I moonlighted for several soil engineering companies and with

this background I slowly became aware of the value of the magnetic susceptibility barograph software

and the Grab ground balance number that indicates the type of ground mineralization... However

the display is only showing the magnetic value of the detectable soil-matrix under the search

coil loop independent of the texture or color of the soil-dirt-matrix

To add more detail, I have used the Teknetic T2 since about 2006 and I'm also totally in awe

regarding it's "snapshot" Grab ability... It's non-tracking and magnetic susceptibility is awesome.

Hey... I'm not associated with First Texas Management; but as Straight's Publishing Company, since 1982

under the leadership and guidance of Mr. Dan Taylor, who now is the owner of the company not

only has a dealership with First Texas but edited and updated "ADVANCED Prospecting" book

and it is now the July 2013 update.

I'm now tired in body and cannot continue... jim

My last post was in the evening after a long day doing all of the various choirs needed

to live alone with a few cats living in the house; all of this while using a cane or a walker

so as not to fall and break another bone. But everyone has some ailments as they are

part of life especially those of us who are in what is called the 'Golden Years." So I'm

not complaining ... More later as the cats need to be fed... jim

Good to hear from you Jim. Hope all is well. Kitties make good companions.

Hey.... I'm doing okay... just two days ago... last Saturday at the Livestream Blood Bank I gave

blood earmarked for San Bernardino Valley Prospectors who need blood which I'm still able

to Give!!! So I'm truly doing okay.... More Later.... Age is just a number. We all have some health

concerns. jim

:yesss: As always sir nuttn' but respect you ol'sourdough. Always giving as usual no matter what curves time throws your way. Cats keep the ratz away so send a few to the sacramanto dome building please. Tons a au 2 u 2-John :4chsmu1: