Nugget Shooter Forums

Cresci Gold Collection circa 1959

Cresci siold the collection to the Bank of America in Angels Camp as he was the branch Prez at the time. All that was ever stated about price was 6 figures but today many millions. I recently bought a new slide/film/negatives scanner and found these ancient pics to so though I'd share a lilltle motherlode glory. And by the by I can personally attest to the fact the pan in the photo IS FULL SIZE to show the scale...sweeet?? Now go get ya sum now...post-23710-0-01023200-1340044729_thumb.jpost-23710-0-13857900-1340044754_thumb.jpost-23710-0-01956600-1340044773_thumb.j tons a au 2 u 2 -John

WOWSA, that is some awesome gold! Is is on display anywhere?

Name should be Crespi--hooked up new scanner and spent many hours going through old school files and such so sight was strained. Call BA in Angels Camp would be my only thought EL D as not that far from ya. Anyhow still love the Auburn courthouse and Placervill BA exhibits too. That gold heist from Yreka was finally appraised at $1.2 mil so some dogs really scored and miner legacy gone gone gone -John

I heard that after a couple of robbery attempts that the CC nugget closed there's too. Haven't been there in years but much smaller exhibit 5 years or so ago. And now even trying to completely close the State Mining Museum in Mariposa as the radical enviros try to obliterate our mining legacy from the books.sic sic sic state of affairs-John

I love the gold rushes whenever anyone digs up old town sonora/coulterville and such to make improvements as the streets are literally paved with gold and in coulterville in the day, GOLD COINS--John