Nugget Shooter Forums

Hey Coin hunters in the Valley

Mike C. and I are thinking about doing some weekend hunts in some of the Phoenix parks and or vacant properties....

Like maybe one weekend day (or 2) a month we get together and do an early morning hunt till too hot, do lunch and go home in mini outing fashion....

Anyone interested in joining us?

If so we will get a day set after next weekend in July sometime....

I can do sundays

Wish I lived closer I'd love to join you guys even though I'm not really a coin/relic hunter.

Good luck all.

Hunting is hunting Frank LOL Just too hot to go out into the far off good gold hunting turf sometimes so coin shooting is a good way to get a fix....

Now your talking Mr. B.......dang sure wish I could get in on some of that action....been missing coin hunting for

way to long.....Frank C. if possible go to one hunt and you'll be hooked....especially if you find a gold coin!!!! :rolleyes:

Hey Don ... You could make one of the hunts if you let Bill know when you will be back in the USA ... afterall it's only about 1000 miles from OKC to Phoenix! Just a long days drive for an old trucker like you! Heck I'm about to start back from NH to CO in just a couple weeks ... 2 back to back 1000 mile days and a short hop and I'll be there! Then it is only a short day drive of 800 miles a week later to my AZ home or about 650 miles to OKC ... heck IF I can do it you can too! Not askin Bill to make special plans but I bet if you asked nicely he would do it for ya! :)

Mike F

Wish I lived closer I'd love to join you guys even though I'm not really a coin/relic hunter.

Good luck all.

Me too! Sounds like a lot of fun!

speaking of this topic , has anybody detected the local gold mines on phoenix property ? The max Delta was the fourth largest gold producer in the thirties in the USA. It is now in a phoenix park , but i cant seem to find time to get out there. Funny how i work just on the other side of the hill from there. Might be good for coins , relics , and nuggets as well. However gotta watch the relics , need to keep an eye on the rules. That mountain supposedly had more than 20 mines last century and all claims are now expired and unobtainable.

I like sites of old homes now torn down and have only ever hunted 2 parks in Phoenix... Old homes are very trashy, but I have made some nice finds over the years. I like to search google earth for old sites by searching for signs of a long gone building or....

Yup relics are tricky business here and public property is a no-no for relics, law says 50 years or older, but federal, state, and city park authorities like to preach and try to enforce 100 years.

Have made some good finds here in Wickenburg area private properties and the park...

Hey Don ... You could make one of the hunts if you let Bill know when you will be back in the USA ... afterall it's only about 1000 miles from OKC to Phoenix! Just a long days drive for an old trucker like you! Heck I'm about to start back from NH to CO in just a couple weeks ... 2 back to back 1000 mile days and a short hop and I'll be there! Then it is only a short day drive of 800 miles a week later to my AZ home or about 650 miles to OKC ... heck IF I can do it you can too! Not askin Bill to make special plans but I bet if you asked nicely he would do it for ya! :)

Mike F

Can't do it this trip Mike....to many Dr. appointments for the grand-son and me at the VA..... :old:

I like sites of old homes now torn down and have only ever hunted 2 parks in Phoenix... Old homes are very trashy, but I have made some nice finds over the years. I like to search google earth for old sites by searching for signs of a long gone building or....

Yup relics are tricky business here and public property is a no-no for relics, law says 50 years or older, but federal, state, and city park authorities like to preach and try to enforce 100 years.

Have made some good finds here in Wickenburg area private properties and the park...

Bill,

I did this searching on Google Earth and found a place out in the middle of nowhere between Parker and Bouse. I swear it looked like an old foundation of a house that use to be there. So, Wendy and I planned a trip to this spot and I also invited Troy to come along. It was a 1 mile walk to this spot and we had pre-ran the access and parking spots a week prior to actually hiking in. I was really jazzed that I found this on Google Earth and we planned on cold hunting for meteorites to and from the spot. So, we hiked into this old home to only learn it was a darn corral!!! :*&$*(:

I had to really laugh at myself for not realizing that is what I was looking at from Google Earth It looked like a house with rooms and such! Talk about a disappointment! However, I did make another dot on my cold find map and it was a good area to check out.

Jim

Bill,

I did this searching on Google Earth and found a place out in the middle of nowhere between Parker and Bouse. I swear it looked like an old foundation of a house that use to be there. So, Wendy and I planned a trip to this spot and I also invited Troy to come along. It was a 1 mile walk to this spot and we had pre-ran the access and parking spots a week prior to actually hiking in. I was really jazzed that I found this on Google Earth and we planned on cold hunting for meteorites to and from the spot. So, we hiked into this old home to only learn it was a darn corral!!! :*&$*(:

I had to really laugh at myself for not realizing that is what I was looking at from Google Earth It looked like a house with rooms and such! Talk about a disappointment! However, I did make another dot on my cold find map and it was a good area to check out.

Jim

Yeah I have been fooled by some spots as well, but always worth checking out because one never knows till ya have made the trip.

Took Mikayla to the pool at Wickenburg park yesterday so took the 3030 with and it sure was nice to dig in moist soil with green grass on top... Cept for the fact all I found was clad, but still had fun. Have found some nice silver and a couple rings there in the past and all the big trees offer shad in the summer heat.

Hell no! ... you after me, myself and I! :evil1: And in the case of only two coins me and myself got one but I was left without so friend got none! :grr01: Bet that will be the last time an area is pointed out! Might even be the last time the two hunt together ... lesser things have broken a friendship!

Mike F

Yeah, wish I could come play...

old corrals can be a great place to coin hunt. A friend of mine stopped at a small but old corral and told his friend to give it a go...the friend found two $10 gold pieces...do you think he shared????

fred

I found another site I need to get to near Lake Alamo. It's going to take about two hours to get to and it "looks" like I can drive right to it. This time, not a corral, for sure.

We did hunt around the corral a bit and it was nail after nail and I quickly decided to cold hunt meteorites.

I like to hunt around old campfire rings, but have not found anything by doing so yet.

Jim