Nugget Shooter Forums

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rockhunter1620

Genuine Michigan Gold!

There's a place not to fare from you that sells stuff like your needing . It's just off 23 ,just as you get into Ohio . They sell lots of medal sectors as well

There's a place not to fare from you that sells stuff like your needing . It's just off 23 ,just as you get into Ohio . They sell lots of medal sectors as well

Hey man, do you know the "name" of this shop, maybe they have a website. I know about a decent sized detector shop that sells new and used MD's called "Pro-stock Detectors" in the town of Plainwell in Otsego co. thats over by Allegen. But ain't never herd of a "Prospector Supply Shop" in Mi.

Complaining about not people in Michigan not being able to find more than .55 oz? WOW, keep in mind this what they can find on state land with only a permit.

Try that type of prospecting or any other for that matter in your state on state land and see what happens if you are caught. Personally, I feel Michigan has some progressive recreational prospecting laws on state ground compared to many out here in the west.

Most states including CO and AZ have laws stopping people from "trespassing" let alone recreational prospecting on state ground. Maybe we should ask our states to be more civilized towards the recreational prospector like Michigan.

Reg

To many city people wanting to protect something that they have know idea about . Found a 1 1/2 oz nugget on state land the other day I had to throw it back and look for a smaller one . 1 in 7 Americans on food stamps ,wounder how many of them planted a garden this year .seems like they would be handing out shovels not stamps . Doesn't make any sence . CA looking to outlaw wildlife control right now ,there voting on it . Want to make it so only gov workers can control the wildlife . There goes all them company's that poured there heart and soul into there company's . That's what I do I own and operate a company called pesky critter removal . They just take more and more starting to feel like a slave for lazy people . Yep I work so they don't have to . If I don't get back out there digging soon I'm going to go nuts .

Hey Frank ,

If you or pesky ever get over to Illinois for some fishing here is a fishing story for you.

http://www.grindtv.com/outdoor/blog/34025/bizarre+fish+with+scary-looking+teeth+throw+scare+into+lake+community/

I was born and raised is Good ol' Michigan (Tuscola County). There laws on State land use is way more lenient than they are out here in AZ. I left 10 years ago and there was only 1 DNR officer per County back then, I'm sure it hasn't improved much. Have fun. I think they would be more concerned with someone fishing without a license and other high crimes like that than to bother with you. Enjoy.

Ok fellers, on Thurs. the 6th., (the day frank C. got hitched), I made my last trip to my "spot" fer this year.Huntin seasons are fixin to start and the place will be crawlin with DNR. Ain't crossed trails with one all summer and I think thats a good thing, anyways, was only able to git out there 6 or 7 times total throughout the summer. Took a different friend with me this time who had a genuine interest in learnin bout the processes involved with recovering these tiny specks. I showed him where to dig, and how to classify material down to just sands, and then pan out the sands to just fine black sand. Here's a pic of him eyeballin the gravel in the 20 mesh (spaghetti strainer) screen.post-25539-0-30281300-1347330773_thumb.j Alltogether, from the few trips I's able to make out there, I sampled and prospected at 2 different locations on that creek digging mostly on the backside of large boulders and had also shovel cut 2 different trenches through the length of 2 different curved gravel bars on 2 different inside bends of the creek, and still wasn't able to locate what one might consider to be a "paystreak", but I did find this!post-25539-0-26252600-1347331405_thumb.jpost-25539-0-11748800-1347331417_thumb.jpost-25539-0-94524100-1347331428_thumb.j

Wow cool Frank, can you run a small dredge there without getting sent up the river?

Wow cool Frank, can you run a small dredge there without getting sent up the river?

Hey Bill, the answer would be NO. On or in a national forest, with a permit from the U.S. Forest Service one can sluise or dredge a little, but no way on state land. Remeber, we got all them screwed-up rules, and I had to break em all just get the little bit I got. Lets see, No prospecting on any natural river, stream, or creek. No prospecting on any designated trout stream, and 1 half troy oz, per person, per year.

My personal opinion is that you are really doing a great job with what you have! You researched, located, tested and got it in a vial in a place that is not known for a lot of gold. That is a pretty big feat in itself. Finding good gold in a spot that is a producer in gold country is a cinch compared to what you are doing there.

Good form man! You have learned more getting your little bit of dust than a lot of prospectors learn after they have a 1/2 ounce in a vial. Your learning curve is going to go straight up now brother! You did it the hard way! I am impressed!

And now this pothead knows your spot.

You're gonna have to shoot him. :)

And now this pothead knows your spot.

You're gonna have to shoot him. :)

Ha Ha, yer tooo funny Glenn. Nah, he slept all the way there and there are 6 different turns down various gravel roads after you leave the interstate, he'll never remember how to git there, but ya, sometimes I would like shoot him fer bein just plain stupid sometimes.

My personal opinion is that you are really doing a great job with what you have! You researched, located, tested and got it in a vial in a place that is not known for a lot of gold. That is a pretty big feat in itself. Finding good gold in a spot that is a producer in gold country is a cinch compared to what you are doing there.

Good form man! You have learned more getting your little bit of dust than a lot of prospectors learn after they have a 1/2 ounce in a vial. Your learning curve is going to go straight up now brother! You did it the hard way! I am impressed!

Thank you kindly BB, yep, there was a little extra effort involved in gatherin this little bit of flour, south of Saginaw anyway. In Antrim co. in northern lower penn. and then in Marquette co. in the U.P. along the Huron R., flour, flake, and pickers are more abundant. But those locations are 5-9 hr. drives. This particular creek I had chose was only a 2 hr. drive, bout 20 miles W. of Lansing, but that elusive "paystreak" would still have been a lot of work when you consider my only tools to work with was a pick, a shovel, 2- 5 gal. buckets, 2 classifiers, and a pan, but thanx again man. I do still have more lernin to do, concernin a fellers ability to "read a river or creek" and "readin the land", but I think I've gotten a good start....RH