Nugget Shooter Forums

Possible Mail Scam

Gaius

I was told about a new mail scam this morning (06/15/12) over breakfast by a friend who was just hit by this scam. Apparently the post office is requested (by e-mail/phone) to hold your mail while you are on vacation, how long you will be on vacation, and who the authorized person is to pick up your mail upon your return from vacation. After the vacation timeframe has pasted, the person running the scam retrieves your mail, keeps any credit cards and other important information for their use. My friend spend a full day notifying their credit cards accounts about what happen and ,after I asked about their bank, will be visiting their bank today.

Last time I did this, I had to go to the post office- in person- show ID before presenting "stop mail" notice. I hope the mail cops are working on this.

Normally I would have not given this must credit because it seem to me the post office usually (or did) requires some paper signed off. However this story came from someone I have know for a number of years and he is not known for wild stories.

Here in kalif forms must be filed,driver licence shown both in filing the stop and pick up the pile. Nothing is sacred anymore as the depression worsens,jails/prisons emptyed out into the streets and crime rates up 200% here-lock and load as your on your own as police force cut to the bone also---John :*&$*(: