Nugget Shooter Forums

Sell gold to buy Silver, Smart or Dumb?

adam

Now, I'm NOT the smatest of fellers, but, if'n I'd have found that gold, I'd just keep it try to find silver too, the same way I found the gold. I, personaly, think ugly, raw, metal elements attached to rock and quartz will always be prettier, and more valuable than factory refined, stamped, polished with fancy, shiny company logos that cost full price plus some fancy, suit wearin, city sales feller gettin a commision, but thats just me! But ya man. go ahead and trade yer gold. I guess it's hard enought to find gold and meteorites in the widerness, let-alone silver too. I don't know? Like I said, I ain't the smartest of fellers. :D

Frank I like the way you talk.

Adam, Has any of your gold that you've been holding on to over the years discolored ??

I think not.

Did you run out of storage space to keep your gold ?? Think how much you'd need to store the equivalent of silver :cool:

Well, what do you think?

Adam,

I think long term, Silver has had an excellent track record. I have not researched it in years but investing in silver way out did gold at one point as an investment. I think that info is still available somewhere on the internet.

Recently, I've been buying gold and silver. I've been buying as much as I can find. It would not matter much to me which I buy, gold or silver. I am sick and tired of seeing my 401k loosing it's ass!

As some of you might recall, I found some nice Gold Basin gold a while back. I could not find anyone interested in buying it as it was in it's natural form...inside the rock, etc. I was told by many it was worth more in it's natural form. I did sell it in a heart beat once the gold was extracted. So, while some think the rough form is more valuable, I did not find that to be so..... just my experience. And in a technical sense, the value is in the gold, not the rock. I suppose a collector who likes nuggets might buy them at a prime price. I wouldn't and really do not know anyone that buys gold that does!

Just my three cents!

Jim

My experience over the past 30+ years is that gold is more valuable than spot if you have it made into simple jewelry such as pendants, anklets, bracelets, ear rings/ posts, etc ... If you want to move nuggets then you have to actively market it, but it is easier to do so if you have it made into jewelry ... If you're in a gold area, you can do well selling it to tourists ... Years ago I made a nice living from selling it in tourist bars with a commission paid to bar tenders ... You can figure that one out ... However, if the apocalypse so many are predicting comes to pass, only the d'ore bars or bullion or coins will give you the full value ... That's why there are so few nuggets left that were mined before 1930 ... Cheers, Unc

Keep your gold as multi functional and much more appeal than silver casts. I keep both but in silver coins found and won in contests. My gold brings back memories of bygone dayz now lost in a haze....At 100 I'll be the old codger at the rest home out on the porch sunning myself with a nice monster nugget I'm a fondling in my right hand, with a drool cup in the left and a righteous smile as I remember living dreams for awhile. Yep keep the gold-John

Here's another thought.

If you are "trading" raw nuggets for silver, or for anything else of value, you might do ok based on the real percentage of gold that is in the nuggets. Some nuggets can yield high percentages of gold, no doubt, but that percentage can vary. One time you turn them in and they yield 92%. The next time, only 79%. They are an easy 10% gamble. So if you are trading proportionally by weight, you will likely do better trading for whatever is pure...as what appears to be the case in the picture.

Jim