Nugget Shooter Forums

Got to get out to Gold Basin Sunday, while probably the last bit of decent weather was here. It was in high 80's with a nice breeze. I ended up finding 5 meteorites, with the largest weighing 542 grams. Not the largest in my collection, but they are nicely shaped baseball's. Found the largest on the side of a hill, the funny thing was it was about half way down on a northern facing hill. I dont find to many on a northern facing hill, as the Gold Basin meteorite traveled south to north. Didnt find any gold this time, but while traveling back to the truck at the end of the day, just half ass swinging the detector in a large wash, I got a large signal, and pulled out the old looking knife, the old timers fashioned into a crevicing device, I can still see initials EH engraved into the blade. Probably will be a while till I get out again, as good ol triple digit weather will be here for good.

A prospector is a liar standing next to a hole in the ground !!!!

Dave

post-1046-0-52260800-1339470319_thumb.jp

Wow, those are some nice GB's, Dave ... Way to go! Cheers, Unc

Dave, Congrats!!! I've been meaning to see how your doing. Been real busy here with school ending and family stuff. Hope to get out in the near future....

Jason

Sweet A$$ GBs Dave, is that 480 a whole stone, it almost looks comptete? So, when one finds 2 or more one pounder+ Gold Basins, you get a free crevicing tool? Just keeps addin to the list of reasons why I need to move out thata way! :D

Sweet A$$ GBs Dave, is that 480 a whole stone, it almost looks comptete? So, when one finds 2 or more one pounder+ Gold Basins, you get a free crevicing tool? Just keeps addin to the list of reasons why I need to move out thata way! :D

:hahaha: :hahaha:

Sweet! Congrats! BTW, (coded message) "your sample sits at the microscope".

Jim

Wow, nice day Dave!!! Today I found my 300th Franconia, but certainly nothing I have comes close to the one's you find in GB. Well Done!

Troy

Sweet! Congrats! BTW, (coded message) "your sample sits at the microscope".

Jim

Thanks Jim, for the info !!! There might be a new classification on a new cold find coming soon !!! :ROFL:

Thanks everyone !!! We need to get an outing going again sometime, but with this darn hot weather its hard.

Rockhunter- Yes all of them are complete stones...

Dave

Thanks Jim, for the info !!! There might be a new classification on a new cold find coming soon !!! :ROFL:

Thanks everyone !!! We need to get an outing going again sometime, but with this darn hot weather its hard.

Rockhunter- Yes all of them are complete stones...

Dave

Aloha Dave,

You are definiteley in the groove out at gold Basin. I really need to get out and hunt but time constraints with the Doc and family now are really taking its toll. Plus the HEAT is starting to come in BIG TIME once again. I understand that the GSSN club may be out this weekend so I may take a drive just for the heck out it on sunday.

BTW, those are some great looking specimens.

Aloha and stay safe,

Stan aka Kaimi

Hey Dave, Super Nice Geat Big Gold Basins!!! WOW!! The guy in the green vehicle following you to Gold Basin next time is me; no worries. I was thinking about braving the heat and getting out there, we've all done it; maybe not too smart though. It's pretty tough on the liver. I guess as long as there is a little breeze, it's well, OK. It's when the wind stops at 2 pm and it's 107 ++. I've caught myself with a heat stroke looking red face a couple of times now, I felt OK, good and hot, but OK. Years ago, we use too hike to the Boy Scout Hot Springs in Black Canyon a few miles below the Hover Dam at at whatever, 111 degrees. Coming out of the canyon in mid afternoon it's easy 116 in the narrow black-brown volcanic rock canyons, no wind. If you were not fanning your face and chest with a piece of cardboard at a near frantic pace and stopping every 100 yards, you were not going to make it out. How that I'm getting older, I'd do it with a cap on head, with my headphones on, swinging a metal detector at a near frantic pace, and stopping only to dig targets. What brain damage? :arrowheadsmiley: Good Hunting!! moondog