Nugget Shooter Forums

Infinium LS....for Gold??

Howdy folks -

I'm new on the forum and trying to get back into MDing after many years being away from it. These days trying to decide what's the best one for me and what is the one I can afford has been quite a challenge. I ended up with the Infinium. Of course, if I had the money I would have gone with the ML 5000 as my intentions are to nugget shoot. Figured to start with something I could afford, with the PI technology, then go from there. Well, I am not happy with this machine and all it's bad habits. Also, I have swung more comfortable machines. I bought an Anderson straight shaft to try to solve the awkward feeling of the factory shaft and belt mounted the control box. Now, after much frustration with it giving false signals, I have figured out what the problem is. The coil connection on the control box has been the problem right along. Every time I flex the connector it makes a false tone. This is just another bad habit about this machine that has driven me to want to move on. I have a list of bad habits to long to list here. I am also not happy with the air test I have done with gold nuggets. The machine does have its good points and has impressed me at times (coins and relics) and I feel if all the bugs were straightened out it could be a decent machine but really I just want to have fun without annoyances.

Ok, for my second go at getting an affordable gold machine I am looking at the ML Eureka Gold. Will I be sorry? I just want something that will be the same every time I hunt.

Greetings to you,

I also have an Infinium. I wanted a PI detector but can not afford a Minelab. I too get lots of falseing which I just try to ignore. To eliminate the heavy coil head, I bought a "swingy thingy" which works real well.

I have been able to find a 22 cal. bullet with it, which is one gram. Therefore, it more than likely will find gold from one gram and up. I have tried running smaller pieces of gold over the coil with no results. The one thing I do like about the Infinium is that it eliminates hot rocks real well and makes the ground real quiet.

Have I found any gold with it. NO!!! I have no real confidence in it so consequently, I rarely use it. I just stick with my trusty GM3 and put up with the noisy ground. Hey! At least I can find some gold.

Just my 2 cents worth. :arrowheadsmiley:

Bob

I know a few people have found gold with it, but I didn't like it. I swung one in 2004, for about 300-hours. Found a lot of bullets and tin cans. Went back to the Fisher Goldbug II, and finally the Tesoro Lobo Super Traq. I tried my Sand Shark PI the last time I was at Rich Hill, and It was pretty much the same as the Infinium. For $1,200.00 or less, I would stay VLF..

Thanks for the replies folks.

Boorx4 - I feel many of the Infinium users are experiencing this falseing and some aren't. I have read on other forums where people have complained about this. I called the company and was immediately told to, "send it in for inspection". This is their answer every time I call to try to solve a problem. I would have sent it in about 5 times now. I am done trying to live with the bad habits of this machine. A small nugget may sometimes just give a break in the threshold tone and I want to hear that not falseing.

Terry - thanks for your words of wisdom. I think you nailed it! Whew! For $1200.00 or less stick with VLF. Might seem like a trivial statement but that sure turned on the light bulb in my head. I actually have a bit more than that and will start looking for my next machine. In the past have always used Garrett or Fisher but want to get over to ML. Ok, I have some shopping to do! This has been helpful.

Ray

I've posted this stress relief problem fix here and many other forums for over 25 years and many mfgrs not gone to more expensive one yet??? Crazy as just unscrew a couple a turns and good to go. Falsing?? new one on me as all PI very noisy,heavy and problematic for me and INF is a underwater machine as designed so weight where it matters is not a issue really. I much prefer VLF--just me as we all like different things--don't make'm right or wrong just diverse ---tons a au 2 u 2-John---PS-list that thang for sale and it will disappear fast!!

Thanks Hoser John - you're right a VLF is my next choice. I've got about $1400 to play with so should be able to get a kick butt gold machine for that and maybe two kick butt VLF for that much!

Happy Hunting - if you dig it out pack it in

You'll only need half that--try out a new Gold Bug Pro as trinityau--a fella ya all know,and many other friends absolutely killing it up here with the Pro model in the horrendously hot golden crescent---John

giroux45.....I'm always amazed how folks will jump into something they know nothing about....go buy an

expensive machine and then after days of frustration they come here for advise....horse before the cart

syndrome.....but not all is lost....old Hoser John is a little touched but when it comes to mining he will give

you the straight stuff....listen to him and you'll have more money in your pocket and a better possibility of

gold also....

Thanx G as your great posts have made my day 100's a times--I've laughed till I cried,been enraged at the injustices and pontificated your ideals and enjoy them all,and whether I agreed has no bearing--just enjoyed as you made both of my remaining brain cells work and thanx much and as always tons a au 2 u 2--John

• Like 1

Thanks for all the in-put and put downs - isn't this where we are supposed to come for advice Mr Moderator???? I bought the Infinium after months of research and after visiting multiple sites and reading till my eyes bled. I did not chose this machine on an impulse. It just so happened that the Infinium I received was problematic and had all the bad habits known to this machine rolled into one and who needs carpal tunnel syndrome from swinging this thing?? The machine is on it's way back to Texas and if it comes back ticking smoothly I may keep it. As I stated above I have been out of the hunt for 16 years and plowing through the BS to find "MY" machine has been difficult at best. The people who praise this machine probably were lucky enough to get a smooth runner - that's good for them but they should realize some of these machines/coils have defects. I received a machine with all the bad habits and then got bad coils to boot. Sooooo, not wanting to have another bad/expensive experience I asked for help. I want to thank all the people that have given me good solid advice and those who have steered me toward the right path for my money and time. I am not flaming anyone or any machine out there. I did not flame the Infinium as I understand any machine can develop problems. The Infinium gave me many thrills but for this particular machine it hid the small nugs behind falsing - who here would put up with that??? I have an AT Gold on the way and hope to have a ML machine later this fall then heading for AZ for the winter. Happy Hunting to the helpful people - hope to see in the placers and to those who wish to be negative - may all your targets be pull tabs!!

Ray

If you dig it out pack it back in

Ray I wasn't in any way putting you down....actually I was feeling very bad about the raw deal you got and was saying

I wish you had asked for help before laying down your hard earned $$$$......

Before I buy something that I don't know the specifics of I ask a million questions......probably drive a lot of people

crazy but that's what the forum is for.....people helping people.....so if I sounded negative that wasn't my intent....

Hope you find some good gold with your new AT Gold.....give us reports and pics....good luck....

ok Mr Moderator - no harm done. Now that I have re-read your post and after your explanation for that post I can see there was no ill intent altho it could have been said in different ways. So thanks for the reply.

Ray

Oh ya, by the way - that pull tab thing - well, I take that back........ Happy Hunting!

it's not so bad when the gals wear the pink flip flops but when the guys wear them you kinda question ... Ah Garif you ask me it looks just a little strange .... ! :rolleyes: :hahaha: And of course so long as this forum lives it will never be forgotten!

Mike F

Don ... I knew I could count on a response from you! However I didn't expect it to be almost immediate! When are you heading back to the USA for a visit ... we still haven't had that beer yet ... or do I have to come all the way to Brazil to get it?

Mike F

I'll meet you at the Goiania airport baggage area with a cold beer in each hand but not between

2 July and 20 July.....then you'll have to come to OKC....same deal different airport and country.....

That is a possibility. I'll be back in CO during the 4th and headed back to AZ around the 8-10th ... driving. I may just have to look into a side trip from CO to OKC. It would be a hoot to meet you in person. Let me give that one some thought and a little planning.

Mike F