Nugget Shooter Forums

Gold of the most important kind!!!

Gold can be found in many different places and in many different forms. Below is a picture of the best type of gold I could have.

2401624860104764247S600x600Q85.jpg

This is my 20 year old son, Aaron. He just returned last week from a 9 month deployment to the Straight of Hormuz off the coast of Iran. He was on the U.S.S. Carl Vinson and we are so glad to have him home.

• Like 1

Welcome home anchor clanker Aaron....thanks for taking care of us old farts.....Navy 59-63.....

I have a question for Aaron.....has the Navy done away with wearing the rank on the sleeves? and

what is that on your sleeve....wings and ???

Chris,

Coincidentally, I operated with the Vinson while they were here. Call sign Road Runner. They did a great job!

Paul

Garimpo let me answer this one for you,The navy still has the sleeve rate and rank patches. starting with E2 to E9. E4 and above wear the crow,E3 and E2 wear thair Rate Badges--- // and ///. in Aron's case he is wearing only his Rateing Badge.which is Aviation Boatswain's Mate .platet.jpg

Hey Chris this is so cool,Dont know how i can explain this to you. but here it goes....Tell your son i said welcome home and that i am a PLANK owner on the USS CARL VINSON CVN 70

A "plank owner" is an individual who was a member of the crew of a ship when that ship

was placed in commission CVN 70 is (1980).The tradition of the plank owner reaches far back into history. As a member of the Navy

crew serving on board the ship at the time of commissioning, the plank owner receives "a

clear, free, open and unencumbered title" to a plank of the deck of the ship, thus

signifying his participation in this special day. This privilege will not be given to any

future member of the crew of that ship.

HTC TL MASON USN (ret) Jan 1979 to Feb 2000

• Like 2

Welcome home anchor clanker Aaron....thanks for taking care of us old farts.....Navy 59-63.....

I have a question for Aaron.....has the Navy done away with wearing the rank on the sleeves? and

what is that on your sleeve....wings and ???

Wings and cross anchors....

Garimpo let me answer this one for you,The navy still has the sleeve rate and rank patches. starting with E2 to E9. E4 and above wear the crow,E3 and E2 wear thair Rate Badges--- // and ///. in Aron's case he is wearing only his Rateing Badge.which is Aviation Boatswain's Mate .platet.jpg

Hey Chris this is so cool,Dont know how i can explain this to you. but here it goes....Tell your son i said welcome home and that i am a PLANK owner on the USS CARL VINSON CVN 70

A "plank owner" is an individual who was a member of the crew of a ship when that ship

was placed in commission CVN 70 is (1980).The tradition of the plank owner reaches far back into history. As a member of the Navy

crew serving on board the ship at the time of commissioning, the plank owner receives "a

clear, free, open and unencumbered title" to a plank of the deck of the ship, thus

signifying his participation in this special day. This privilege will not be given to any

:goodpost: Thanks TB for your 21 years of service....the plank story is fantastic and what a coincidence that

Aaron is home from the same ship.....I don't remember ever seeing that Navy rank laid out so well....maybe

it was in my Yellow Jacket but I haven't seen it for 48 years.....I got out just when I made E5...cross keys....

now you've raised another question....please explain....HTC TL MASON......

Thank you as well T-Bone. I served three-years and was really happy to wave bye-bye at Ft. Jackson, in 1976. I salute you guys and gals that made it a career. - Terry 1/41 FA, 56th FAB Army '73-'76

Welcome home Aron

The Lord is my pilot, I shall not go adrift;

He lighteth my passage across dark channels;

He steereth me through the deep waters,

He keepeth my log.

He guideth me by the evening star for my safety's sake.

Yea, though I sail mid the thunders and tempests of life,

I shall fear no peril, for Thou art with me,

Thy stars and heavens, they comfort me.

The vastness of thy sea upholds me.

Surely fair winds and safe harbors shall be found

All the days of my life;

And I shall moor, fast and secure, forever.

Amen.

T-B the few brain cells that I have that can still bring up a little info remembers the wings and cross keys....

that's what I was....you still didn't say what the HTC TL MASON stands for....I'll make a wild guess and say

that Mason is your name but the rest is new to me....another guess is Hull Technican Chief...what did I win????

Chris I apologize about kidnapping your thread.....

Thank you all for your kind words. I let my son read this thread last night and it put a genuine smile on his face. As Bill and others have stated, yes I am extremely proud of him. And my son and I thank all of you who have and are still serving.

Garimpo, no need to apologize about the thread. We are all family here and should be able to ask, or say, whatever we wish as long as we don't cross any lines. And you most certainly have not crossed any lines. Carry on....:D

Aaron be very proud, As we are a nation proud of our armed force's.Your service to your country and because of people like you serving our country (Hands Down) has Billed our military the Worlds Best,Worlds Strongest,and Worlds most feared military ever to incompass the Globe.Thank you for your service Fair Winds and Following Seas Shipmate.....

Good to see ya posting again T-Bone, I was gettin a bit worried, hope all is well with your boy.

Hey mike how are you my friend? Sorry for the absents,Thanks for asking,son is almost 9 months WoW,,,,,time sure flys...And all is well on the home front just very busy.will try and stop by some time next week ok?

Thank you all for the very warm welcome home! It is because of folks like you all with your big hearts that I do what I do.

Headed back to Coronado in the morning so this is the last time I will be able to post here. Have a great summer everyone.