Nugget Shooter Forums

Finally got my 3500 over some gold - and heard it!

GlennM

I'm sure I've walked over gold and missed it without an amp and good headphones for my 3500.

Well, finally found an area Russ, Bill, Frank C, and the other gold hounds hadn't hit (because it's private land on the side of Rich Hill) and wad able to get my 3500 over some gold.

Was hard to hear in the wind without the amp, so I detected in the breaks. Found one piece late on Sat behind the 9x14 NS mono so I set up some boundary markers and kicked away the overburden to hit it Sunday in a grid.

Hit it at first light and covered an area about 25' x 50' from every angle and backwards.

Caught a slight whisper (wind wasn't as bad early in the morning) and began digging. The target was out of the hole immediately, so I figured more trash. But to my surprise it was a caked over nugglet with some quartz.

I'm still cleaning the grit from my mouth.

All total - 50+ trash targets and two dinks.

Settings on 3500- Fixed, mono, all metal, Normal and Normal. Threshold was way up to hear the hum without an amp and good headphones. 9x14 Nugget Finder mono with GOOPed on skid plate :)

This is the last detecting trip I'm taking this summer. I have disassembled the machine and will be packing the box for Australia this week. Ismael, be good to her. I just got her broken in :)

Good going Glen :thumbsupanim I think the reason you found some gold is you didnt have mine and Franks arse to look at :yikes: while you were digging horse shoes :nono: I was wondering why that bumper sticker on your truck said Rainbow Power :tisk-tisk: Mike C... :ph34r2:

Hey Mike they sell those things on TV you wear to hide your butt crack

Good going Glenn you busted your cherry and found a little nuggie patch!

I'm with you Glenn,This will be the last weekend out in Stanton washes, it will 100+ next weekend. I'll hunt in the higher elevations til fall. Congrats getting it over a nugget.I found one 2 weeks ago in that area that was caked with calichi, it cleaned up nice.Dave

Glenn:

Congrats on finding the gold! :)

Remember this...you found some that probably a lot of others missed.

I was out there on Sat. Yup, it was a little windy but man was it nice weather!

You might starts saving your pennies to get a 6" coil. Its a nice one to jam in between the granite boulders on RH.

I have not found any gold on the hill but have found a lot of trash others have missed.

Keep at it!

Glad you got some yellow. :)

Tom H.

Hey Mike they sell those things on TV you wear to hide your butt crack

Thats funny Frank but putting it there would be like an open invitation to be a wide receiver -No thanks :yikes: Mike C... :ph34r2:

.I found one 2 weeks ago in that area that was caked with calichi, it cleaned up nice.Dave

Hi Dave I was unaware of any caliche present around RH-I guess I better open my eyes better although I've been beepin the area off and on for years :inocent: Mike C... :ph34r2:

I've been down in the washes 1/4 mile or so south of the hill and have hit some sort of concretion when washing before. Might not be true cliche, but certainly some sort of hard clay layer.

Dave,

I have a 10" elliptical mono Nugget Finder that is skinner than a 6" I have used in tight spots. The 9x14 gets crammed in there pretty good. Didn't really have a lot of scrub to deal with where I was. I was literally on the side of the hill and was so glad to walk down to ny rhino at the end of the day.

My arm is sore from swinging, but my legs are killing me from climbing :)