Nugget Shooter Forums

X-terra 70 settings for Gold Basin?

Anyone know what setting to use on an X-terra 70 at Gold Basin? We are going up there this weekend and by buddy loaned my brother his X-terra 70. The problem is that he has never used it so he cannot help with settings. My bother downloaded the manual and has been reading it but will only get a chance to use it when I meet him up in the basin.

Any help with settings would be appreciated.

This exact subject came up at the Go Minelabbing event I went to last weekend, and the rep. from Minelab (who knew everything about every detector it appeared to me) was very clear that there's no such thing as "Use setting X for location Y." You have to calibrate the detector in the field, as everything from wind to humidity to air temp to physical surroundings will affect your detector.

well, from what I've seen... the gold isn't too deep up there and the meteorites are even more shallow. I didn't run in to too much trash when up there last. Add to that the ground is decently quiet to a VLF. I would turn it up as high as is stable and run it like a 3yr old philly at the derby.

assuming you have the Elyptical dd put in prospecting mode, auto ground balance, set the iron mask to 5-6 and dig everything...you too can download the manual and prepare yourself...there are some nasty hotrocks in the basin so examine any thing you dig very well. Also, much of the gold is covered in crud so don't be too quick to throw them away...you can use these setting with the stock coil as well...for best proformance you need to swing fairly slow and keep the coil near the ground...

fred